Thread: It was too good to pass up

It was too good to pass up

I finally gave in to a PSA sale this weekend. I bought this PA-10 lower: http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-g...-77932912.html

To mate with this PA-10 upper: http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-g...516445371.html

Anyone have any experience with something similar? What sighting system would you recommend? Any leads for a good source for magazines?

Seems you and I are moving in the same direction. DD for iron sights.
    Mags I bought 2 from pmag for the 556 and no steel feed lips. If you wish to
    look my story is in gen firearms.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Seems you and I are moving in the same direction. DD for iron sights.
    Mags I bought 2 from pmag for the 556 and no steel feed lips. If you wish to
    look my story is in gen firearms.
    Yeah, I have been following your thread. I have several AR's in 5.56 and even one in 7.62x39. I have been wanting something in 308 to round out the family. Never could pull the trigger on a M-14 from Springfield but this at $650 total was too good to pass up as long as it is of similar quality to their other offerings.

YEAH that PSA daily emails with daily and weekend sales are addicting. I have bought 2 lowers and upper kit and misc, parts from them over the months.

The latest was a barrel nut with the accompanying parts with an upper parts kit for $19.95 with free shipping. I bought 2.
    I did my research and couldn't find anything close to that price online with free shipping.

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    Yeah, I have been following your thread. I have several AR's in 5.56 and even one in 7.62x39. I have been wanting something in 308 to round out the family. Never could pull the trigger on a M-14 from Springfield but this at $650 total was too good to pass up as long as it is of similar quality to their other offerings.
    In that case and since you are here I have a question. How do you remove the front handgaurds?

be the heat..

In that case and since you are here I have a question. How do you remove the front handgaurds?
    If it is free floating, I believe it screws in. If it isn't free floating it is usually two pieces that are connected by screws.

some of those psa emails really make you wonder how much it really costs to produce some of this stuff.

one a few weeks ago was 16" complete kit $279 .

i just keep checking till 6.8 mags go on sale again.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I agree. I wonder how a 1000$ rifle 3 years ago can be half that now.

be the heat..

I agree. I wonder how a 1000$ rifle 3 years ago can be half that now.
    It's because they weren't prepared for California's pending BANS. Every time they ban a new gun, Californians rush out and buy tens of THOUSANDS of them. This drives up the price, but the manufacturers are supposed to be ready for it. Californians have alone been responsible for three noteworthy RUNS on guns in the last 17 years, due SOLELY to those guns being banned by the Libtard Democrats.

The prices drop NOW because us Californians can't buy shit any more. The demand has plummeted.

Before folks get all pissy about that, I always felt that THE MORE people who owned EBRs, the better. We always have to outnumber the damned FUDDS who would give away our rights in a heart beat because they're so short sighted.

In today's email daily deal there is a complete lower and a complete upper (with BCG and charging handle), both are with free shipping.

A complete rifle with Tan furniture for only $380.

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    In today's email daily deal there is a complete lower and a complete upper (with BCG and charging handle), both are with free shipping.

A complete rifle with Tan furniture for only $380.

BISHOP
    There is a company called SOTA Arms out of Minnesota. Right now you can get this upper https://www.sotaarms.com/component/j...9/429?Itemid=0 for $240 and mate it to this lower https://www.sotaarms.com/component/j...9/433?Itemid=0 for $110 and have a complete AR less sighting for $350. However I think I would prefer the 1/7 twist of the PSA rifle.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Traditional military type handguards are retained by the delta ring near the receiver. You have to compress it to the rear and pull the back of the handguard away from the barrel on half at a time.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    I finally gave in to a PSA sale this weekend. I bought this PA-10 lower: http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-g...-77932912.html

To mate with this PA-10 upper: http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-g...516445371.html

Anyone have any experience with something similar? What sighting system would you recommend? Any leads for a good source for magazines?
    Damn that is super cheap. Hey it's a .308 / 7.62 NATO so you're talking a long range weapon. I would put a scope on it, something that gets to 10 power.

i'd shitcan that buttstock for something solid or very adjustable.

regardless, basic .308 lowers used to be $200-250 internals, another $100. by the time you even had a complete rifle most of the time you had over $900 into it.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    some of those psa emails really make you wonder how much it really costs to produce some of this stuff.

one a few weeks ago was 16" complete kit $279 .

i just keep checking till 6.8 mags go on sale again.
    I cant help but think that a lot of their stuff comes from China ... I'm not saying it does, but I just can't imagine how it could be US made at their prices ... then again, with the barrel ban I don't know what to think.

doesn't PSA machine their own parts?

be the heat..

doesn't PSA machine their own parts?
    Could be but I didn't think anyone in the US made a CHF barrel

Ok.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    Could be but I didn't think anyone in the US made a CHF barrel
    I know Daniel Defense, FN, and Bravo Company make CHF barrels, and many other companies offer them other than Palmetto State Armory. And being there is an import ban on barrels for machineguns, I doubt they're imported.

Think it mostly has to do with a saturated AR-15 market, and prices have come down accordantly.