Thread: Archangle Nomad (HK G36 knock-off)

Archangle Nomad (HK G36 knock-off)

Was on another site talking about 22's and a guy planted a bug about Archangle Nomad 10/22 kit ... years ago I had an HK SL8 I did the G36 conversion but when reports of the plastic stocks cracking, I sold mine before any such problem occurred because HK wouldn't warranty it since I'd trimmed the stock to fit the G36 parts ... but I always liked it!

Anyway ... I got the bug to get one, all reports are that it's a nice solid stock but they should have taken more time with the mag & sleeve ... and as my first trip turned out they were right! I couldn't get the Pro-Mag to feed at all ... even when I finally got the bolt to close on one, all I got was a click. I was shooting Rem Golden Bullets, they worked perfectly from my Ruger mags but were nothing but trouble in the Pro-Mag that came with it and the extra I bought for it.

So, with that exception out of the way, everything else was great! The kit does add quite a bit of weight (I did use a .920 bull barrel, but the kit is kind of heavy too) the folding stock feels very solid and overall I've pretty happy with it.

I went out again yesterday and took some Winchester SuperX 22 (round nose) and had ZERO problems with the ProMags ... the Rem GB's are a hollow point and they would nose-dive in the mag and were nothing but heartache, I even had a difficult time unloading them by hand! Anyway, last night I noticed the ProMag feed ramps were a bit rough, and I touched them up a bit with a miniature rat-tail file, re-assembled the mag and put a bit of graphite in them and now they eject by hand easily ... and I'm going to the farm this afternoon to see if they'll feed/shoot the Golden Bullets again ... I really don't want a plinker that's picky about what it shoots ... a target gun is one thing, but a fun gun isn't any fun if its pickey!

Will report back later!

(edit to add) the safety is molded into the full auto position and doesn't move. The charge handle is non functional as well and you use the Ruger safety and charge handle. ... I've heard that Uramax (sp?) also makes a G36 clone and those features are functional but the trigger is shitty and it has an inherrant problem with the barrel tightening to the fiberglass stock and is prone to wearing out, which is why I went with the Archangel.
    Last edited by kimberkid; 05-20-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Nice looking kit gun. Keep us up to date on your improvements and how they function.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

That's a whole lot of unnecessary on a perfectly good rifle.

I have one of my 10/22s in an old (new then) Ramline folder and that is all that's needed here.

To each his own, I like the Thompson and m1 carbine kits.

BISHOP

I'm convinced the ProMag's just don't like Rem Golden Bullets; I did get a few shots with the Rem GB's but I'd only get 2-3 shots then a FTF ... I don't know if all hollow points would have the same results but my CCI mini mag's and Winchester SuperX both feed fine.

I have to agree BISHOP, its not necessary but if I only went with whats necessary I'd probably only have 5 guns ... a 22LR pistol and rifle for plinking and center-fire pistol, rifle and a shotgun for the more serious stuff.

I like that Thompson 10-22 with the drum too ... but I'd want it SBR'd