Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toilet needs flushed.

Toilet needs flushed.

I know we have general discussion but every time I come here and click "new posts" it's almost 1 whole page of doom/gloom or tinfoil/k-files shit.

Do we really need a thread about every stupid, possibly fake, click bait story with links to sites that are nothing but bullshit advertisements.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Well I guess you can say yes.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Just looking at the first page after using the "New Posts" button, you would be hard pressed to figure out this is supposed to be a firearms website.

I will have to say that there are not many, if any that are more free speech than Gunsnet dot net.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I get tired of it too. I try and post gun stuff as I can but except for a few of us no one seems to be doing much with firearms. I'm hoping that if the CMP gets those Garands from S. Korea we'll see a bit more traffic in the C&R forum or at least the General Firearms Forum but not holding my breath.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Oh hell yes I agree Nut. And I like it among us. When the rest start chiming in that will be a different
    story. Even with LAGC coming back has been a pain. I just don't like the smug you are wrong bs he flips.
    But that is me I am sure I grate on some.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I get tired of it too. I try and post gun stuff as I can but except for a few of us no one seems to be doing much with firearms. I'm hoping that if the CMP gets those Garands from S. Korea we'll see a bit more traffic in the C&R forum or at least the General Firearms Forum but not holding my breath.
    This is the same at all sites that have not banned or perma banned me yet. AKfiles AKforums Gunco Gunboards ar15 it is exactly the same stuff.
    But then again I ask a question in Gen gun forum and get 1 maybe 2 replies. Eh.
    Last edited by l921428x; 05-30-2017 at 04:53 PM.

be the heat..

It would be nice to see some of the garands. But, now my kids are teenagers, and I have little spare change!

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Is this because of me?

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

You and 5 maybe. Oh lagc just for the hell of it

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    You and 5 maybe. Oh lagc just for the hell of it
    way i see it. if it weren't for the shitposting there would be very little happening here. Just trying to keep things interesting. You don't like it i will stop.

Didn't say stop. You getting upset?

be the heat..

not at all. I was honestly asking because you are of a different generation. What is funny and acceptable to some doesn't fly well with others.

I can understand. Elvis and the Beatles put a lot of people off.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    Do we really need a thread about every stupid, possibly fake, click bait story with links to sites that are nothing but bullshit advertisements.
    I see 'some' but I don't see the MAJORITY of new posts linking to Click Bait or Fake story sites. Unless you count actual news sites as fake...

Click Bait sites are a shame and I wish they didn't exist, but it's the modern internet. Folks are just trying to share interesting info. Don't have to look at if if you don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Just looking at the first page after using the "New Posts" button, you would be hard pressed to figure out this is supposed to be a firearms website.

I will have to say that there are not many, if any that are more free speech than Gunsnet dot net.
    Well you ARE griping in the NON-GUN general discussions forum, which is the correct place for posts that are not gun related

Also, with guns, how much new can be said that hasn't already been said. No one on the group is buying new stuff and sharing it. I get crickets or weird bullshit comments when I share posts about new 'toys' so I stopped.

You're right about Free Speech. those UC berkeley LIBTARD Fascists could learn a thing or two about REAL free speech from Gunsnet.

Even with LAGC coming back has been a pain.
    Hey, I've been behaving myself for the most part. Although admittedly you guys have been sucking me back into the forum more than I anticipated...

I must say though, I do find it quite odd. It seems that ever since Trump took office, this forum has gone from cautious optimism to total doom and gloom. As if the sky is falling everywhere and the Left is on the verge of foisting total Communism upon us all.

You'd think people would be rather happy and upbeat and looking forward to the future now that the Republicans control all 3 branches of government. What gives around here?
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

They can't handle it and the judges along with the deep state are running things. It looks as if the lefts
    real work can be seen for what it is.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    You'd think people would be rather happy and upbeat and looking forward to the future now that the Republicans control all 3 branches of government. What gives around here?
    Like usual you're fucking BLIND to the constant and daily assaults on our country and constitution by the LEFT. The Propaganda Media has lost it's mind. Academia has lost it's mind. Students are becoming little fascists. The Democrats are now part of a full blown "Resistance" movement as is Hollywood and the Media. Any GOOD news out of this administration or Congress is being ignored by the media. The Deep state of permanent Government employees (many of which are Clinton/Obama loyalists) are trying to sabotage ANY draining of the swamp.

Either you know that and are ignoring it, or you're intentionally omitting that from your consciousness.....

That's what folks gripe about. And little sarcastic 'ostrich head in the sand' fucktard statements like yours remind me why Liberals are so vile. Intellectual dishonesty just oozes from your collective pores like skin oil from a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Like usual you're fucking BLIND to the constant and daily assaults on our country and constitution by the LEFT. The Propaganda Media has lost it's mind.
    That's not the left, my friend. That's the CENTER. The Deep State that conservatives keep bitching about is the only thing holding this country together right now. It's just that so many conservatives have veered so far off to the right, that even the center looks like "far-left Communism" in their eyes.

Academia has lost it's mind. Students are becoming little fascists.
    I do agree with you there. It's ridiculous how PC and intolerant so many college campuses have become. It used to be that liberals were big time champions of free speech and listening to others' views. These days, other than the ACLU defending the likes of Ann Coulter or Milo being able to speak their mind without censorship, it seems like the "liberal establishment" have totally jumped the shark, kowtowing to some of the very same brownshirt tactics that used to be hallmarks of the right.

I know Milo in particular was a shit-stirring troll, but it's certain segments of the left that keeps taking his bait each and every time. Who cares if he wants to speak at Berekely? Just deny him an audience and don't show up if you don't like what he has to say. Instead, mother-fuckers start going all apeshit and burning shit down as if Hitler incarnate had been invited to speak or something.

The Deep state of permanent Government employees (many of which are Clinton/Obama loyalists) are trying to sabotage ANY draining of the swamp.
    Not to be crass, but did Trump really think he was going to be able to single-handedly change the way Washington does business? There are 2 branches of government other than the Executive for a reason. So that they may all keep check and balance on the other.

Just seems like he went in there thinking he could be like a Saudi King or something and just wave his magic wand and have the kingdom all obey in lockstep or something. That's not how America works.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    That's not the left, my friend. That's the CENTER. The Deep State that conservatives keep bitching about is the only thing holding this country together right now. It's just that so many conservatives have veered so far off to the right, that even the center looks like "far-left Communism" in their eyes.
    That point is so retarded, I'll only point out that you're such a left winger that you can't see that the Media has gone to the far left. Only a left wing moonbat would call them the CENTER. You think conservatives have veered far right? That's probably one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. The DEMOCRATS of JFK's time were farther to the RIGHT than the Republicans of TODAY. Yes, that's a fact and that's history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast