Thread: In Rhode Island, students and parents must let schools spy on them day and night

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

In Rhode Island, students and parents must let schools spy on them day and night

A majority of the Rhode Island school districts with "1-1" programs where each student is issued a laptop have a blanket policy of spying on the students and everything they do on their laptops, during, before and after school hours, on or off school premises, without any evidence (or even suspicion ) of wrongdoing.

The schools analogize this to school locker searches, in which students are denied any Fourth Amendment protections.
    http://boingboing.net/2017/06/16/no-...f-privacy.html

I'll just assume it's heading towards this kind of surveillance, where you get the kids to be accustomed to a lifetime of 24/7 observation from a young age;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hLowmoU5nU

It's for the children.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Our school system has had something like this for years. AT an inservice, the teachers were given Ipads that had tracking devices installed on them. Every time the Ipad was used, it was intouch with a central tracking system that could tell where it was and what it was being used for. The inservice leader explained all this to us. It was the only way the Ipads could be purchased, through a grant that stipulated this as a requirement.

Many teachers took them, since they were going to be used in the schools, I guess they figured, why not?

I declined taking one.

Since everything was explained up front, no one was kept in the dark.

The only good thing about it was that one of the Ipads was stolen by a student, and they tracked it right to his house. Made it kind of hard for the parents to stick up for the kid when he was caught dead to rights....

As long as everything is explained to the kid and parent, and this is free to them, I see nothing wrong with the system wanting to keep close eyes on their equipment.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

It will also condition people that their children are the responsibility of society and not their parents

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    It will also condition people that their children are the responsibility of society and not their parents
    It'll also condition them for the next step: rfid implants.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Their computers, their rules.

NOW there was a problems few years ago where the principal was randomly turning on the cameras of the students laptops and spying on them.

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    A majority of the Rhode Island school districts with "1-1" programs where each student is issued a laptop have a blanket policy of spying on the students and everything they do on their laptops, during, before and after school hours, on or off school premises, without any evidence (or even suspicion ) of wrongdoing.

The schools analogize this to school locker searches, in which students are denied any Fourth Amendment protections.
    http://boingboing.net/2017/06/16/no-...f-privacy.html

I'll just assume it's heading towards this kind of surveillance, where you get the kids to be accustomed to a lifetime of 24/7 observation from a young age;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hLowmoU5nU

It's for the children.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    If you want to know what liberals plan to do to the country just look at how they run the schools