Thread: Does this seem to describe our "Mainstream Media"?

Does this seem to describe our "Mainstream Media"?

Well, does it?

By far the most effective branch of political education, is carried on by the Press. The Press is the chief means employed in the process of political 'enlightenment'. It represents a kind of school for adults. This educational activity, however, is not in the hands of the State but in the clutches of powers which are partly of a very inferior character.

At first I was quite surprised when I realized how little time was necessary for this dangerous 'Great Power within the State' to produce a certain belief among the public; and in doing so the genuine will and convictions of the public were often completely misconstrued. It took the Press only a few days to transform some ridiculously trivial matter into an issue of national importance, while vital problems were completely ignored or hidden away from public attention. The Press succeeded in the magical art of producing names from nowhere within the course of a few weeks. They made it appear that the great hopes of the masses were bound up with those names. And so they made those names more popular than any man of real ability could ever hope to be in a long lifetime. All this was done, despite the fact that such names were utterly unknown and indeed had never been heard of even up to a month before the Press publicly emblazoned them.

At the same time old and tried figures in the political and other spheres of life quickly faded from the public memory and were forgotten as if they were dead, though still healthy and in the enjoyment of their full lives. Or sometimes such men were so vilely abused that it looked as if their names would soon stand as permanent symbols of the worst kind of baseness.

In order to estimate properly the really dangerous influence which the Press can exercise one had to study this infamous method whereby honorable and decent people were besmirched with mud and filth, in the form of low abuse and slander, from hundreds and hundreds of quarters simultaneously, as if commanded by some magic formula. The Press, these highway robbers would grab at anything which might serve their evil ends. They would poke their noses into the most intimate family affairs and would not rest until they had sniffed out some petty item which could be used to destroy the reputation of their victim.

But if the result of all this sniffing should be that nothing derogatory was discovered in the private or public life of the victim, they continued to hurl abuse at him, in the belief that some of their criticisms would stick even though refuted a thousand times.

In most cases it finally turned out to be impossible for the victim to continue his defense, because the accuser worked together with so many accomplices that his slanders were re echoed interminably. But these slanderers would never admit that they were acting from motives which influence the common run of humanity or are understood by them. Oh, no.

The scoundrel who defamed his contemporaries in this villainous way would crown himself with a halo of heroic integrity fashioned of gushing language and twaddle about his 'duties as a journalist' and other moldy nonsense of that kind. When these 'journalists' gathered together in meetings and congresses they would give out a lot of slimy talk about a special kind of honor which they called the 'professional honor of the journalist'. Then the assembled species would bow their respects to one another.
    Last edited by Krupski; 06-30-2017 at 07:12 PM.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

What is this a quote from?

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    At this moment I would ask "what does it matter"?

Do you think the ideas in the text seem to describe our MSM?

(not trying to be a prick... I've got a reason to keep the author a "secret" for now....)

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I think Otto's got it. Sounds like a quote from Mein Kampf or one of Adolf's speeches.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

I couldn't read it. It is in some stupid color that looks like deep twilight.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Since I use a darkened screen, I couldnt see the blue, either. But, I did find that if you hi-lite the whole blue section, it shows up as white with a blue background. It works great! Very easy to see when you do that.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Yes it sounds like our press and the dumbmasses.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Who watches fabrication media today? Only the already programmed, who, like a welder, have been taught not how to think but what to think. I mean, the disconnect from what a politician or government says and what he does should have made these folks wake up, but it seems their programming has overwritten their common sense/reality detectors.

Case in point, our old friend Holder seems to be a bit scared of some upcoming investigation, perhaps involving hims, and has warned his comrades still in the fabricating bureau of incrimination to stay the treasonous course;
    To the career men & women at DOJ/FBI: your actions and integrity will be unfairly questioned. Be prepared, be strong. Duty. Honor. Country.
    https://twitter.com/EricHolder/statu...86761848045570

lol at the duty honor country appeal.

Oh and the investigation;
    holdy.jpg
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Since I use a darkened screen, I couldnt see the blue, either. But, I did find that if you hi-lite the whole blue section, it shows up as white with a blue background. It works great! Very easy to see when you do that.
    Sorry I colored the text dark blue. I removed all formatting from it.