Thread: GN Intermittent outage 7/4, 7/5

GN Intermittent outage 7/4, 7/5

As stated here: http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...another-server

Moving GN to another server. The server itself is above and beyond what I need but it kicks ass. I'm virtualizing GN and combining all of my sites into 1 VM. I've done 1/2 the move and all is working well.
    I will need to lock GN and set it to READ ONLY so you will not be able to post any replies. Only read posts. This is a perfect time to count all your ammo, make sure you're at the minimum level, if not, go out and buy more.

You will notice GN will go offline here and there.

After this move, I'll need feedback. Does it feel as fast or more importantly, slower. I can assign more resources so I want it to be as responsive or better.

On the heels of this upgrade is a vB upgrade which requires newer database, php and supporting software all of which I have running on the new VM. Thats phase 2 which I'll do after this move after it sits and you folks run it thru the gears.
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

INDEPENDENCE!!!!!!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Okay.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!