Thread: Coming out as trans

Coming out as trans

Yes that's right. I'm asking for your understanding and acceptance.

you see, I am not the way I was when I was conceived.

My parents saw me one way and I was forced to live an identity that is not my own...

you see, on the outside I look like every other 1911 in .45 acp. So you need to know, that when someone falsely claims, hey nice .45 dude, that it hurts. Little do they know that I am a 9mm on the inside. I was conceived as a .45 by my creator but now have all of the fully functional parts of a 9mm on the inside. It would be nice if people used caliber neutral terms like pistol or even 1911 instead of assuming that I am a .45 acp by my external appearance.

But now I am left with serious questions..... do I have to use a spcial shooting stall? Do I need to shoot sitting down? Perhaps I am also bi-calliber curious because there is a .22lr slide available to me... so you could say that I shoot both ways.

My spot in the safe is next to two fellow 1911s in their original caliber. I am jealous that they can feel comfortable in their "birth caliber". I suppose there is some consolation that there is an AR-15 in there with a lower marked "multi".

Will the world accept abhorrent freaks like us? Maybe if my owner bought an ar-15 in 7.62x39 or an AK in 5.56mm would I feel more at home.

In all seriousness, I took this thing out and put a few hundred rounds through it. It jammed a bit, mostly FTE but a few failures to return to battery during the first 75 rounds. after that it smoothed up and the remaining 175 rounds shot flawless. It is very accurate and feels great in the hand as a 1911 should. I have already replaced the grip safety, main spring housing, and the full length guide rod. I am probably also going to throw a fiber optic front sight on it.

It is a fun gun that doesn't serve any real purpose. A plinker and trainer for newbies.
    Attached Images Attached Images

what's the matter? None of your guys have a sense of humor? No, I'm not going to cut my dick off.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

.45 or 9 mm., it sure is pretty.

I wouldn't mind having one in 9 mm. It would make a great gun for hiking with.

Not a bad choice for a self defense gun, either.

Like I said above, pretty gun.

Which shooting stall did you end up using? (Just curious....)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    .45 or 9 mm., it sure is pretty.

I wouldn't mind having one in 9 mm. It would make a great gun for hiking with.

Not a bad choice for a self defense gun, either.

Like I said above, pretty gun.

Which shooting stall did you end up using? (Just curious....)

They had one marked .45/9mm so it was inclusive of trans-guns.

I'm pretty stoked, they recommend a 500 round break-in. It was jamming a bit the first 75 so I was a little worried that I was going to have a problem child but it loosened right up and then shot awesome.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Congrats! I'm looking to pickup a 1911 in 9x19 myself. Many one in 10mm as well.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I too have been wanting some 1911's. Especially the Rock Island Armory 22 TCM/9mm convertible, so I can call it "El Presidente".

http://armscor.com/firearms/tcm-seri...mbo-22tcm-9mm/

or

http://armscor.com/firearms/tcm-seri...mbo-22tcm-9mm/
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Nice Pots. You had me worried for a few seconds.