Thread: Check your insurance policies each year.

Check your insurance policies each year.

My wife is an insurance guru. We have it all but today (we live in Ga on granite) we saw that our earthquake
    ins. goes from 5 dollars a month to 21 dollars a month. We have had no quakes in Ga. and I asked about other regions
    needing money and was told that our premiums are state specific. Hmm, 67 to 288 a year. The wife god has to get
    over this one.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Last time I complained about my insurance rates going up I was told it was because of all the bad weather that destroyed many homes and vehicles. Like it was my fault? What a racket!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

When I built my house and had to get a house loan, I was told by the insurance company I would need to have flood insurance (about $150/month). I live about 200 yards from a creek and swamp, but I'm about 36 feet above it. I went to Planning and Zoning and looked at the Plat map and it showed my lot was above the 200 year flood mark.

I contacted my insurance company and told them what the Plat map showed, and sent them a copy. They called back and said I didn't need any flood insurance and the loan went through. Had I kept quiet, I'd have had to shell out an extra $1800/year for the duration of the loan.

I'm too far from the coast for hurricane insurance and I'm in a seismically inactive part of the state, so any extra insurances don't apply.

We did have our insurance rates start going up (for no reason), so we switched to a less expensive insurance company.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars