Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should we destroy the NK military?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Should we destroy the NK military?

I'm normally very opposed to nation building, but feeling more and more that we and our allies should destroy the NK gov't and military and save the impoverished, abused, staving and brain washed masses of North Korea. We sat by for too long while Hitler annihilated millions of innocents, we sat by why Stalin liquidated 20 million of his own people including some Americans too. Should we sit by any longer knowing this lunatic has killed and imprisoned, starved millions? Throw in ballistic missiles and a nuke into the mix now. I think China needs to be warned, interfere this time and trade stops into the US, then proceed to build up enough forces to do the job, land,sea and air. This lunatic either needs to die or be tried for crimes of humanity. It's pretty bizarre the whole world knows how the average prisoner/citizen of NK lives. I would bet once a war started the military would turn against this thug dictator and either kill him or turn him over to the Hague. Yes I would volunteer to go I feel so deeply about this. Man am I turning liberal? Oh wait no, because the libs are behind kim jung ill or whatever the thugs name is.

It's definitely an evil, despotic regime and really needs to go.

But it really shouldn't be our job. I think with the right coaxing China can be convinced to take care of their little red-headed step-child. Their main worry is a refugee crisis across their shared border, which is the main reason they've allowed Little Kim to be so belligerent for so long, even thumbing his nose at China itself.

I have no doubt the Chinese have plenty of land invasion plans on the table. Definitely if NK pops off first and launches something at U.S. territory unprovoked, that could trigger it. But they definitely want NK to remain as a "buffer zone" between what they see as a hostile South, regardless of what sort of government replaces it.

And they won't take too kindly to a U.S. preemptive strike. So the ball is pretty much in Little Kim's court. He talks a big talk, but even as crazy as he is, I think he knows if he ever "walks the walk" his ass is done for. Like you said, his own generals will probably do him in.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

North Korea currently has a 13 year mandatory military service for males and 8 years for females. The people have acces to South Korean, U.S., and Chinese tv, radio, and movies. Most of their military probably wants little to nothing to do with any military action. They regularly sell their people to Russia and China for work camps and South Korean manufacturing factories (all slave labor). Imagine living in that world and how much love you would have for your leadership.

I think we should run a heavy propaganda campaign before any action, try to get the NoKo military to just sit it out like we did the Iraqi army in the second invasion. South Korea would be destroyed by trying to reunite the countries overnight, much like east Berlin tanked the German economy when it rejoined. So North Korea will need to remain its own country for a decade or more before it can be reunified with South Korea, a military and police force in service to the people and not the regime would help greatly.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    It's definitely an evil, despotic regime and really needs to go.

But it really shouldn't be our job. I think with the right coaxing China can be convinced to take care of their little red-headed step-child. Their main worry is a refugee crisis across their shared border, which is the main reason they've allowed Little Kim to be so belligerent for so long, even thumbing his nose at China itself.

I have no doubt the Chinese have plenty of land invasion plans on the table. Definitely if NK pops off first and launches something at U.S. territory unprovoked, that could trigger it. But they definitely want NK to remain as a "buffer zone" between what they see as a hostile South, regardless of what sort of government replaces it.

And they won't take too kindly to a U.S. preemptive strike. So the ball is pretty much in Little Kim's court. He talks a big talk, but even as crazy as he is, I think he knows if he ever "walks the walk" his ass is done for. Like you said, his own generals will probably do him in.
    The Chinese don't want to reign Kim in. They want him to keep antagonizing the US. They would love a small war to develop. This would be a chance for them to see, up close, how our military works, and they can wage a proxy war against us without really having anything to lose. Whatever happens, they just throw the blame on Kim. No skin off their nose, so to speak.

Kim's provocation is a win-win for China, no matter which way it goes.

Don't expect any help from China in calming that little lunatic down.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    As I said in another thread, when it comes to China, just let them know if they continue helping North Korea, or they allow NK to send a missile toward the USA or any possessions or allies, all American based industries would be required to return to the US mainland. Money talks, and I don't think China could afford losing all those jobs.

Well, keep in mind, the Bank of China owns how many trillions of our national debt?

China still holds quite a bit of bargaining power here, lest they cut off our credit card and cause us to actually have to balance our federal budget for a change.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

it's even easier than that, we owe china a ton of money, you piss us off, we no pay.

I like that idea even better.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

China really is the wildcard in the deck.

I tend to agree that if they really wanted to put an end to the NK nonsense it would have been done already.

And I wouldn't count on using economic threats. I don't think they're in it just for the money, trade with the US is just a means to an end.

They want control of Asia and perhaps more, but to do that they must take the US out of the picture to achieve that goal.

I get a bad feeling we're being set-up for a fall and NK is bait for the trap.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    it's even easier than that, we owe china a ton of money, you piss us off, we no pay.
    Didn't even think of that in the equation, great point. Not only no imports to the US, no payment of debt, though that might rock the financial world in future bond sales though I think it's past time the fed is abolished.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 08-13-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    China really is the wildcard in the deck.

I tend to agree that if they really wanted to put an end to the NK nonsense it would have been done already.

And I wouldn't count on using economic threats. I don't think they're in it just for the money, trade with the US is just a means to an end.

They want control of Asia and perhaps more, but to do that they must take the US out of the picture to achieve that goal.

I get a bad feeling we're being set-up for a fall and NK is bait for the trap.
    I've often thought China is building a first rate military with our purchasing money to join with Russia to attack us, so that might not be far from the mark, but they would lose a lot of their economy if they did that to us.

Lots of great thoughts in this thread, keep em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedbysheeple View Post
    North Korea currently has a 13 year mandatory military service for males and 8 years for females. The people have acces to South Korean, U.S., and Chinese tv, radio, and movies. Most of their military probably wants little to nothing to do with any military action. They regularly sell their people to Russia and China for work camps and South Korean manufacturing factories (all slave labor). Imagine living in that world and how much love you would have for your leadership.

I think we should run a heavy propaganda campaign before any action, try to get the NoKo military to just sit it out like we did the Iraqi army in the second invasion. South Korea would be destroyed by trying to reunite the countries overnight, much like east Berlin tanked the German economy when it rejoined. So North Korea will need to remain its own country for a decade or more before it can be reunified with South Korea, a military and police force in service to the people and not the regime would help greatly.
    Not sure where you come with access to the west. They get killed for watching western movies. What electricity does the vast rural population have access to? I just watched a video of a young NK girl describing what escaping from NK was like and what happens to you when you're caught watching a western movie. There is one channel on TV for NK. She looked pretty young to be a propaganda agent for freedom. https://youtu.be/ufhKWfPSQOw I agree psych ops should be huge before we go.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 08-13-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Maybe a compromise with China? They can rule post Ill NK with their version of capitalism/communism mix puppet being overseen by the west. Certainly not the best idea, but better by far from the current slavery. I don't really like this idea but it popped into my head.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I've often thought China is building a first rate military with our purchasing money to join with Russia to attack us, so that might not be far from the mark, but they would lose a lot of their economy if they did that to us.

If you want to make an omelette you have to break a few eggs.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    If we no pay, our credit rating goes to ZERO. No other country will ever buy our debt again and our own treasury bonds will be worthless. Just remember there are reasons WHY even rogue countries TRY to pay their debts.

Regardless of who launches first, China still wants Taiwan, Russia wants to steamroll Ukraine, Georgia, and maybe Berlin, Iran wants control of the lands of islam and wants to export jihad to the world, Saudis want to take Yemen and Syria as well as finance jihad worldwide, Venezuela's a mess and most of the South American countries are not only marxist run but also hostile to yankees and have befriended Iran as well as China, African resources (and governments) are being bought up by China, North Korea wants to take over South Korea, Mehico is pissed about the wall, it just goes on and on and the one thing uniting them all is hostility towards America for what the criminals in office have done.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Politically I guess a war would be a welcome distraction for a Republican party that has delivered little or nothing to the voters that put them in office.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Politically I guess a war would be a welcome distraction for a Republican party that has delivered little or nothing to the voters that put them in office.
    Why does this seemingly sound so true?

As to Russia and China linking up, the history between those two countries is they hate each other. Doubt they would even fight together against a common enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Why does this seemingly sound so true?

As to Russia and China linking up, the history between those two countries is they hate each other. Doubt they would even fight together against a common enemy.
    I remember when we were told that Vietnam would link up with Russia and China.

Then once we are out of the picture we get the Sino-Vietnamese war.
    Last edited by jet3534; 08-14-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast