Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Been feeling a little retro ... M11

Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    I took the LAGE bolt and the bolt from the M11/9 to my machinist buddy to drill and tap new holes in the original M11/9 bolt and put it all together, it runs great ... much more controllable but considerably heavier, the LAGE upper spits my brass out right next to me while the original upper throws it like an HK ... into the next county.

So, now I want a transferable M11/9 ... I found a reasonable priced Mac10/45 (because it needs to be completely refinished) but I'm waiting to hear back from LAGE if their upper will fit and if so, what mod's I'll have to make. A guy on the MAC form said the MAC10 is quite a bit bulkier than the M11/9 and he didn't know if my upper would fit on it or not.

Anyway, here she is ... rubber hose on the trigger and all!

That looks GREAT. So much better than the stock M11

It shoots much nicer too ...

But get ready for this .......................................

Well, shortly after posting this I flipped over to GunBroker ... and a guy in Denver had a nice M11/9 ... with the same LAGE upper as mine for sale for $6500 ... only difference was the safety is on the other side because its a REAL SUBGUN!

It was a no reserve auction which I like, I looked at his feed back which is all positive and he's been a member since 2009 and I thought it it said that it didn't end for 2 days ... which would have made sense to end it on a Sunday when most everyone is at kicked back at home

So, I went ahead and bid on it thinking I'll never get it, someone will swoop in at the last minute and out bid me as I only bid the minimum.

I must have mis-read it ... because it ended in 2 HOURS!

No one swooped in!

So now I'm scrambling to put together $6,500 unencumbered dollars ... plus $100 in shipping ... plus $200 for my transfer and it didn't say anything about transfer to my dealer so I may be on the hook for that too ... I'm hoping he'll do a 50/50 thing, but if not I'll figure it out.

Yay me!

Now I'm just wondering what momma is gonna say ...

In today's market, you did good on the price. The M/11 Nine is a great sub gun with the Lage upper. The upper that you currently have will not fit the Mac 10. Two different types of gun. The 11 is a single stack and I believe the 10 is a double. Best of luck with the purchase! You won't be sorry!

My m11/9 is a double stack ... The neglected MAC 45 is the one I've been looking at ... It looks like the MAC10 receiver is about an inch too short for my LAGE upper ... Isn't it?

This is the transferable M11/9 I won today, it already has the Sten magwell, comes with the stock and a LAGE upper!

I'm pretty much stoked and really glad the 41f backlog has been cleared for the most part, I hope to have it in 3-4 months!

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Damn, congrats on both the semi and the F/A! Great looking guns with that upper.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12