Thread: Ah yes .... some MEDIA BIAS memories.....

Ah yes .... some MEDIA BIAS memories.....

I was reminiscing with some friends, whom I've known for a long time, and we've been active in political action (where we can) to put up a fight against gun control. The biggest problem is the fucking MEDIA. They' are bunch of liars and propagandists, and even honest folks (who know nothing about guns) will fall sway to their lies. So we were talking and I was reminded of TWO incidents that I participated in back in 1989 that NO ONE heard about. It was total media censorship.

Incident 1: Back in 1989, over 200 gun owners protested, had a sit in and blockaded the front of a MAJOR California NEWSPAPER, to protest how they were smearing gun owners on their editorial pages every day. It was the dark days right after the Stockton Schoolyard shooting of February 1989 and the anti gunners were having a field day. Did anyone hear about hundreds of pro gun protesters shutting down a major newspaper? Nope. It was never MENTIONED in any newspaper, television news account, nothing. It takes a lot of collusion to keep a newsworthy story like THAT out of all media, but they managed to do so. The only newspaper to mention it was a small local one with a circulation of 400.

With the internet, such a blatant attempt at Orwelling censorship of the news, is no longer possible, but it happened BEFORE the Internet.

Incident 2: When we had the big Loma Prieta Earthquake of 1989, 27 Various organizations volunteered to help with disaster relief in the area (including people, resources and money). The San Francisco newspapers LISTED 26 out of the 27 groups (groups like the American Communist Party, La Raza, etc.) What was the SOLE group they failed to mention as helping out with disaster relief? The National Rifle Association. When we (the local chapter) complained, they said that they 'ran out of room' so they couldn't list 'everyone who helped out'. So to save space they trimmed ONE NAME from the roster, and it happened to be the NRA. Uh huh....

They can't pull this shit any more with the Internet, but their total lack of professional ethics has been going on for a long time now. We live in an age where they can't just bury these stories any more. We're all better of with the Internet as an avenue for the truth to get out.

Soapbox rant off

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

You are aware that they are trying to gain control of the internet now. The obama administration did manage to get a toe in the door, but it hasn't had much effect so far. The Communist Left is working hard to gain control of this media, too.

The days of "Internet freedom" are numbered.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Our #1 problem is not the media. It is the Republican party. With the Republicans controlling Congress and the White house, now is the opportunity to set the gun control crowd back a 100 years!!! But what are the Republicans doing for us pro 2nd Amendment voters who have loyally supported them over the years? The answer is "Jack Shit." As stated before, my prediction is the Hearing Protection Act and concealed carry reciprocity will die in committee. The NRA needs to get off of their ass and start putting some heat on Republicans.

At least BOTH of these incidents would have been a topic discussed by either Tucker Carlson or Greg Gutfeld