Thread: So now that the rush is over ...

So now that the rush is over ...

Is anyone buying anything NFA?

Seems like some interesting advances in suppressors have been going on since I last purchased one

I've heard the form 3 & 4 are on line now ... dealer to dealer transfers done on line are happening in a matter of days and in some cases dealer transfers are being approved in HOURS!

Unfortunately this isn't the case of a full-auto M-11 I bought in late July ... evidently my form3 was filed by the "old guy" in the shop, and he doesn't use computers (which seems weird since I bought it on GunBroker), so my transfer is going to take 6-8 weeks ... by the time I found out it was too late and it was "pending" and there's nothing they can do except wait. This guy should be prohibited from doing NFA anything! I would say "fired" but that's a bit harsh.

Anyway ... is there anything NFA inbound that your excited about?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

If Congress were to pass the HPA/SHUSH act into law I'd be looking at a couple of cans, .22 and 9mm. Toying with the idea of getting my first MG but was surprised on how prices on even entry level models like MAC's have gone up.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I was suprised at that too, just 3-4 years ago the MAC's and Cobray's were in the $3K range, transferable UZI's were in the 6-7's ... now everything has at least doubled, MAC's and Cobray's are 6-9K and UZI's are $12-14K and more, they've doubled like everything else!

The time to buy was then, but if you want to play, get in NOW!