Thread: Price Check

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Price Check

I've got the opportunity to pick up an 84S locally. Absolutely NIB with everything just like it left the factory. What is it worth? TIA

I know Copper Custom was selling three they had @ $2,699 ea any they aren't on their website so they must have sold. I just don't know how long ago that was?
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 09-22-2017 at 05:40 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

see a lot of 'buy it now' for $2k

I wish i never sold mine and the nib norinco 86s i had.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I have almost given up trying to put a price on Chinese AK variants. While the 84S was never the most popular rifle, it was and remains probably the most accurate of all AK variants.

I recently told someone that although prices have gotten crazy, $700 for a MAK-90 is the top of the price range. Next thing I knew a bunch of people had cows simultaneously telling me to check again, that MAK-90s were selling for $1000.

While Poly Tech Legends are passing the $2000 barrier, I can't believe that an 84S would command that price, but as I do like to say, pay what you are happy with, because as shocked as I am, I am glad I overpaid for a MAK-90 not too long ago, $500 was my top limit. Cannot believe that I can sell it for nearly twice that. My crystal ball would never tell me that $800 for an 84S and $1000 for a 56S would be bargains and more than double in value within 10 years.

I do add value for a face to face paperless sale, but my insides tell me that $2000 for a new in box 84S might sound high today, but in a few months could sound like a steal.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thank you both. The rifle in question is part of an estate auction next month so I've got some time to continue research but I think I'll try and bring it home if it doesn't go sky high. The hardest part would be leaving it NIB.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

I have this type of AK. Great shooter. They have gotten pricey.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!