Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christian numerologist predicts the World is Going to End TODAY

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    So, out of the million upon millions of Christians, how many do you suppose are believing today is the day?

You're equating this to Christians in general would be akin to me saying that all of Democratic Underground is welcome to post over here simply because you were allowed back in.

Do Christians believe the world will end some day? Yes.
    Do atheist believe the world will end some day? Yes.

The only difference is how and when...and they are both just theories until the proof is in....at last twilight.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    RAPTURE UPDATE!!!

The new TEOTWAWKI date is today, April 23!

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/...sday-call.html

(Apparently David Meade made a mistake in his calculations the first time, but this time is FOR SURE.)

Get ready, and get toked!

Ha! That reminded me of Rocky and Bullwinkle...

Bullwinkle: "Hey Rocky - watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"
    Rocky: "But that trick NEVER works!"
    Bullwinkle: "This time - for SURE! Presto!" (whereupon a huge lion's head comes out instead) Growl!!!
    Bullwinkle: "Hmmm - musta used the wrong hat!"
    Rocky: "Now here's something you'll REALLY like!"
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

What time zone was the person in? In some places it is the 24th
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    So, out of the million upon millions of Christians, how many do you suppose are believing today is the day?

You're equating this to Christians in general would be akin to me saying that all of Democratic Underground is welcome to post over here simply because you were allowed back in.
    No, I know most Christians don't believe this non-sense... just this crackpot sect who has seemed to have amassed a small following. (Probably a few less followers after the world is still here tomorrow. )

I probably shouldn't have even bumped this thread. I just saw the headline on Fox News this morning about the new date and couldn't resist.

I just feel sorry for those folks who sold everything -- all their world belongings, quit their jobs, sold their houses, gave all their money away -- all just to relocate and prepare for rapture... many would argue that this idea of "rapture" (all the faithful disappearing one day while the less-than-faithful remain behind) isn't even a biblical concept. But some Christians believe it.
    Last edited by LAGC; 04-23-2018 at 09:18 PM.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Yeah, if it is something that you think makes Christians look foolish or stupid, you can't help yourself, you just have to point it out. Even tho I don't really recall Christians on here starting threads to call out atheists as being foolish or stupid over some of their beliefs.

Sure, it comes up when threads get going, but you seem to be the one who regularly calls out and trashes a certain belief system. You seem to have the fault a lot of atheist have...a need to show how smart you are by belittling others.
    Hell, I do the same to you by referring to you as "like a good commie", thinking eventually you might see how it fells to be denigrated by someone all the time. Apparently tho, respect and compassion for others is not the trait of an atheist.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

I'm sorry if you took it personally. I would hope we could all realize that these people are cultists, not mainstream parishioners.

Unless you think Fox News (who keeps headlining these "news of the weird" stories) are "atheists trying to denigrate an entire faith" as well.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

I'm sorry if you took it personally. I would hope we could all realize that these people are cultists, not mainstream parishioners.

Unless you think Fox News (who keeps headlining these "news of the weird" stories) are "atheists trying to denigrate an entire faith" as well.
    Funny you call a myriad of different people "cultist" but will not even try to define what you are.

be the heat..

As Sir Winston Churchill put it: I'm A Riddle Wrapped in a Mystery Inside an Enigma.

You are an asshat that says look at me. Look at me. Look at me.............
    To even consider yourself in the same generation of Churchill is a joke to think
    you are the same is a mockery.

be the heat..

To be fair, Churchill was speaking of the Soviet Union when he said that.

Well, as of 5:08pm local, har megiddo is still not horses bridle deep in blood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armageddon

I take exception to the diagram here;
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._flowchart.png

It suggests the dragon (satan) will be bound for 1000 years at the day of the lord. Satan was bound at easter in 29ad when messiah allowed himself to be sacrificed for our sins and redeemed the whole world. Messiah went to hell, broke open the gates of iron, and freed the souls of the forgiven from hell itself. He then had his angels place satan in irons for 1000 years. If those are literal 1000 years as we know them, satan has been out of jail for a long time now and is busy preparing for the final battle with messiah. He knows his time is short, that he already lost around easter of 29ad, and will be sent to hell for eternity after judgement day, but he wants to take as many people with him as possible. I have a feeling the vast majority of people who ever lived will, sadly, accompany him to the lake of fire.

"THE PEOPLE WHO WERE SITTING IN DARKNESS SAW A GREAT LIGHT, AND THOSE WHO WERE SITTING IN THE LAND AND SHADOW OF DEATH, UPON THEM A LIGHT DAWNED."
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 04-24-2018 at 04:27 PM.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

As Sir Winston Churchill put it: I'm A Riddle Wrapped in a Mystery Inside an Enigma.
    you wrote this

be the heat..

My all time favorite was a large family having Thanksgiving dinner at an old aunt's house when she had a revelation that the world was going to end on a certain day the next July.

The family stayed at the house waiting for the end.
    They lost their jobs, cars, houses, some spouses, and about everything you can lose.

I always wanted to be a fly on the wall come that day in July.

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    you wrote this

OMFG!!!!! Too funny!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12