Thread: So much for silencers being deregulated

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

So much for silencers being deregulated

Rino Ryan and the spineless R's pulled it. http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/br...or-legislation

I think we can also safely say that CCW Reciprocity is dead in the water also.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I think we can also safely say that CCW Reciprocity is dead in the water also.
    As I have suggested before, the Republicans never really wanted to support HR38. I believe all along their intent was to let it die in committee. Now the question is will the Republicans line up behind new gun control laws? I predict they will. This will cause a drop off of support and the death of the GOP IMHO. They snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    As I have suggested before, the Republicans never really wanted to support HR38. I believe all along their intent was to let it die in committee. Now the question is will the Republicans line up behind new gun control laws? I predict they will. This will cause a drop off of support and the death of the GOP IMHO. They snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    I will reserve judgement until the proverbial fat lady sings. There are plenty of stupid republicans in office, but I don't think they are that stupid knowing who their base is.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Wait til after the first of the year. Once the Vegas asshat has been outed as a dem/antifa, the outrage will die down.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    Wait til after the first of the year. Once the Vegas asshat has been outed as a dem/antifa, the outrage will die down.
    I have a sneaky feeling event's like this will become more common in the near future. If this event doesn't get the desired results, then they'll keep bringing them on until their goal is achieved. The Left is on a roll right now. They smell blood (literally and figuratively).
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Agree with LAGC and you, The R's sat on every progun bill and now will join the communist party and they will lose much support including mine. No sense in voting for birds of a feather. Even in my most conservative district in MN, my rep is for importing terrorists., The craps will take over and let the war begin afaic. They have the whole government and what exactly have they done for us? Not one of the things we voted for have progressed in Congress or the Senate.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

I know some of you Hunters want a Silencer when Hunting, but remember After you Fire, unless you miss it does not really matter if the Animal can hear the Round! except for Police, Military, and Hitmen. Who really needs a Silencer I don't know why some of you want to call it a suppressor ? I am an AKM Man, everything on my Rifle is noisy, I am not worried about sneaking up on an Animal. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    I know some of you Hunters want a Silencer when Hunting, but remember After you Fire, unless you miss it does not really matter if the Animal can hear the Round! except for Police, Military, and Hitmen. Who really needs a Silencer I don't know why some of you want to call it a suppressor ? I am an AKM Man, everything on my Rifle is noisy, I am not worried about sneaking up on an Animal. Paul
    I don't understand your post. I don't hunt, I want to be able to use silencers when I shoot without begging the kings permission and being taxed after he gives permission. We can say goodbye to getting the full auto ban repealed too, never mind that it's patently unconstitutional.

How bout if I have to shoot someone who has broken into my house I don't have to destroy the hearing of every family member plus dogs and cats in the process.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

How would you explain the Silencer to Police? No doubt they would ask you for Documentation. Silencers will always have a great Tactical Purpose for Police Military, ect. However, Unless you have a Heard of Deer all together, and you plan on picking off several at one time, I just can't see how a Silencer can help in Hunting. but I don't Hunt neither. All my Rifles are Semi-Auto AK's. Granted they have come a long way since WW2, but It really is only useful for Clandestine Operations. You would have a hard time getting that through any Congress. Imanage the Nightmare, if they were made Legal, and there was a Mass Increase of Silenced Shootings. That little Bastard Chuck Schummer would go Mad! Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

This discussion here and elsewhere is (and has always been) an academic discussion. The Republicans never were going to let the hearing protection act legislation out of committee. That being said, I never cared that much about this issue - but I care a lot about concealed carry reciprocity. There are a lot of co-sponsors for this but the Republican leadership does what they have always done, and that is Jack Shit.

Getting back to the bump stock thing, the NRA has now apparently folded along with Republican leadership. To my friends here I say don't fool yourselves. With the right pressure, the Republicans will next fold on magazine capacity, bulk purchase of ammo, and then semi-autos. And the right pressure is always one incident away. Of course the people who are murder murdered in places like DC because they were not allowed to own a defensive firearm are never an incident either individually or collectively. On the plus side for me I am pretty good at shooting single action revolvers.

I guess it goes without saying, get your ammo order in today.

To make one more comment, it is the Fudds who will do us in. For example, a gun club I belong to in PA has banned the use of silhouette targets. Recently they banned "rapid fire" which is defined as more than 6 shots a minute. I forget the assholes name who said he didn't need an AR to hunt - you know, the dude rehabilitated by Ted Nugent. Pretty soon assholes like this guy will start coming out of the woodwork again.
    Last edited by jet3534; 10-05-2017 at 04:07 PM.