Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newt Gingrich Calls for New Gun Laws

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Again, only when they make murder illegal will these killings stop. Why don't they just make one common sense law banning the murder of other people?
    What are you talking about? Are you insane? It's my constitutional right to kill someone else if I choose. I know it's somewhere in the Bill of Rights, I forget which one, right now.

Damn, I hope this idea doesn't become a movement to make it illegal to kill someone else. If they make killing someone else illegal, that's going to piss off a lot of people. I can see major rioting, looting, chimping out, arson, and vandalism coming if this idea gets to Congress and they start thinking about passing some kind of law regarding this.

I guess we could compromise and have murder regulated by the Fed. I would be willing to pay a murder tax of $200 for a 5-person limit so long as I don't have to wait any longer than a week for the license.

But, until then, let's keep all the "making murder illegal" talk to a bare minimum. I hate having my rights legislated away. Pretty soon, we won't be able to murder anyone without facing penalties...
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I have asked this many of times and have never found an answer. What is a neocon, when did they show up and what are the differences
    in party position.

As far as bump stocks and cranks, you know as well as I that they have always on the fringe of
    "legal" items.

And as far as your opinion on Newt you are wrong.
    Not really. Is it illegal to put a 4-barrel carb on an engine that came off the line having a 2-barrel carb? Same thing with bump stocks and cranks.

They are legal, aftermarket items that add to the enjoyment of owning certain firearms. They were never intended to be "barely legal." Much like adding a scope to a rifle to make it easier to hit a deer or groundhog.

ANYTHING legal can be used illegally.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    How did you post this without wetting your pants?
    No kidding right? He can't wait for R's to eat their own.

I have asked this many of times and have never found an answer. What is a neocon, when did they show up and what are the differences
    in party position.

As far as bump stocks and cranks, you know as well as I that they have always on the fringe of
    "legal" items.

And as far as your opinion on Newt you are wrong.
    1. What is a Neocon?
    Wikipedia provides a good definition. To me a Neocon is neither a true conservative nor a libertarian. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism

2. As far as the bump stock goes one must keep in mind the end goal of the gun controllers is demonstrated by Chicago, MA, of Washington DC. That is the end state. I don't have much use for a bump stock but I believe that the road to total gun control will be achieved one step at a time. Therefore, any and all gun control measures must be resisted. The 2nd amendment is a natural right. Not one granted by the Government. If you like Newt then follow his advise and style in that he always preached "staying on the offensive."

3. The Newt is a typical asshole type swamp living Republican. He talked a good game but didn't walk the walk. Look how he quickly caved in his budget showdown with Clinton, i.e., he talked offensive but quickly went of the defense and folded. He has a track record of ethics violations and as a creature of the DC swamp sells his opinions and influence accordingly. The looking at technology argument is used by people who want gun ownership to be limited to a Brown Bess musket.

4. Lastly there is his record. Like many Republicans he had a GOA "A" rating when he wanted the vote of gun owners -- but then once in power ....
    https://gunowners.org/newtgingrich-2012.htm Note that at one time he apparently favored banning laser sights.
    Last edited by jet3534; 10-04-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    What a fucking moron...

First of all, lots of rifles ARE easy to convert to full auto. It's inherent in the basic design. No way to change that.

Secondly, the shooter didn't have "converted" rifles, he used (completely legal) bump stocks.

Bump firing (by hand or with a bump stock) is not "new technology", it's really just a "shooting style".

Lastly, bump firing or a bump stock does not "convert it [a rifle] into an automatic weapon", so go ahead Newt and make machineguns illegal (and don't worry about the "NFA loophole" that allows people to own pre--1986 full autos). To my knowledge, NOT A SINGLE CRIME has ever been committed by a person having a legal NFA full auto.
    This will come off as callous but I'm glad he used a bump fire stock, assuming here he's guilty and there isn't a hidden hand behind this. If he used legal full auto there'd be more dead and injured. 20,000 people all in one place grouped together shoulder to shoulder and only 60 dead and 500 injured. Not very effective for 10-20 minutes of shooting.

Not really. Is it illegal to put a 4-barrel carb on an engine that came off the line having a 2-barrel carb? Same thing with bump stocks and cranks.

They are legal, aftermarket items that add to the enjoyment of owning certain firearms. They were never intended to be "barely legal." Much like adding a scope to a rifle to make it easier to hit a deer or groundhog.

ANYTHING legal can be used illegally.
    Fine but you know what i mean. Hell what is with the strapping of an ak pistol to the arm. Those stocks and cranks are not the same as scopes
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

So jet you refer me to wiki for your definition? Ok. Thanks for the berkley version.....

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    And now Feinswine is introducing a bill to ban bump stocks and trigger cranks:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sen-f...ry?id=50276506
    I'm starting to get a funny feeling this whole event was set up from the very first. The guy kills and wounds hundreds and 2-3 days later a fully filled out bill is introduced by one of the leading Constitutional traitors in government.

I mean, how long does it take for a "normal" bill to be discussed, written, edited, and re-written, then agreed on, then submitted to Congress for passage?

This bill was up and ready to go in a matter of hours. And, it's very specific about what it wants to outlaw.

To be done from scratch, it would take weeks to get it ready to present it to Congress, yet it was ready in a few hours.

Something tells me this bill was already written and ready for this very event to occur.

I would say that it wasn't only the shooter who planned all this out, but traitors had already planned it out and were helping the event to come to fruition.

This could be a typical Dimocratic "red flag" event that has been in the works for quite a while....(don't forget Fast and Furious.)

Freedom isn't free.

So jet you refer me to wiki for your definition? Ok. Thanks for the berkley version.....
    I told you my definition, i.e. , not a true conservative or a libertarian.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Not to be trusted....

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    I bump fire "by hand" (that is, don't use a special stock). What then? Another "loophole"?
    Then they ban semi autos. One thing banned at a time, they can't have gun owners get too pissed off at once.

I'm starting to get a funny feeling this whole event was set up from the very first. The guy kills and wounds hundreds and 2-3 days later a fully filled out bill is introduced by one of the leading Constitutional traitors in government.

I mean, how long does it take for a "normal" bill to be discussed, written, edited, and re-written, then agreed on, then submitted to Congress for passage?

This bill was up and ready to go in a matter of hours. And, it's very specific about what it wants to outlaw.

To be done from scratch, it would take weeks to get it ready to present it to Congress, yet it was ready in a few hours.

Something tells me this bill was already written and ready for this very event to occur.

I would say that it wasn't only the shooter who planned all this out, but traitors had already planned it out and were helping the event to come to fruition.

This could be a typical Dimocratic "red flag" event that has been in the works for quite a while....(don't forget Fast and Furious.)
    They have these bills written up in advance just waiting for the right disaster to push it through as fast as they can while emotions are running high. Most Americans would probably be marching in the streets overnight if we knew half of the premade plans and laws politicians have written up and are just are waiting for the right time to push it through.

Neocons are almost always Zionist, that is just about the only difference between neocons and rinos. That being said, karl Rove is a classic neocon. It's as if a dem registered as a republican and expects people to believe they're a republican when they extoll the dem party line, perhaps with a bit more bloodthirstiness for getting US service personnel into a war.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Then they ban semi autos. One thing banned at a time, they can't have gun owners get too pissed off at once.

They have these bills written up in advance just waiting for the right disaster to push it through as fast as they can while emotions are running high. Most Americans would probably be marching in the streets overnight if we knew half of the premade plans and laws politicians have written up and are just are waiting for the right time to push it through.
    I wonder how much is based on "waiting" for an event to happen, and how much is based on "orchestrating" an event to move it forward......

Freedom isn't free.

How did you post this without wetting your pants?
    Who says he didn't ?

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Neocons are almost always Zionist, that is just about the only difference between neocons and rinos. That being said, karl Rove is a classic neocon. It's as if a dem registered as a republican and expects people to believe they're a republican when they extoll the dem party line, perhaps with a bit more bloodthirstiness for getting US service personnel into a war.
    This guy was/is the neocon poster child. They do have a certain look.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Wolfowitz

Honestly, I feel that bump fire stocks are pretty worthless. I'd be ok with regulating them in the same manner that we regulate suppressors as of right now, but ONLY if suppressors were de-regulated as a compromise. We all know that will never happen though, and that the GOP (and even the NRA it seems) is full of cucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Honestly, I feel that bump fire stocks are pretty worthless. I'd be ok with regulating them in the same manner that we regulate suppressors as of right now, but ONLY if suppressors were de-regulated as a compromise. We all know that will never happen though, and that the GOP (and even the NRA it seems) is full of cucks.
    I don't own anything like that, either, but I don't want them regulated at all. The Left sees this as an easy victory because very few people own them and don't really care one way or the other about them.

Regardless of a win for them, or not, banning these stocks won't appease them at all. They will keep chipping away at everything gun related until they achieve their ultimate goal: total banning of all guns held by civilians.

That's why, even though I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm still totally opposed to giving the Leftists ANYTHING that our Constitution protects for us.

They are all traitors. Why give anything to them?

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Took a long time for the NRA to grow a set, apparently they've been snipped off.

I don't own anything like that, either, but I don't want them regulated at all. The Left sees this as an easy victory because very few people own them and don't really care one way or the other about them.

Regardless of a win for them, or not, banning these stocks won't appease them at all. They will keep chipping away at everything gun related until they achieve their ultimate goal: total banning of all guns held by civilians.

That's why, even though I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm still totally opposed to giving the Leftists ANYTHING that our Constitution protects for us.

They are all traitors. Why give anything to them?
    Pelosi already said they're not stopping at bump stocks, which is the crux of the problem, it's never the opposite, It's always more gun control. The R's are going to commit suicide by joining in. http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/10/0...re-gun-control Dems are going to load up any bill.

I wonder how much is based on "waiting" for an event to happen, and how much is based on "orchestrating" an event to move it forward......
    Yes indeed. Just how much?

be the heat..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast