Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newt Gingrich Calls for New Gun Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    If they make everything like that illegal to possess , the property owners will have to be compensated and that opens a whole new can of worms.
    Do you mean "compensated" like the Australians were when "Big Government" came and took their semi-autos several years ago? That kind of "compensated"?? RIGHT!!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Do you mean "compensated" like the Australians were when "Big Government" came and took their semi-autos several years ago? That kind of "compensated"?? RIGHT!!
    actually, that cost their Gov't quite a bit. Some made enough off of selling their guns back to buy new homes.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

And, as far as the "bump-fire" stocks go, I seem to remember a trick where a shooter can tale a wooden dowel, 6-8 inches long and 1/2-3/8 in. diameter, put it through the trigger guard with the end pressing in to your hip, and pull the rifle forward with your other hand. It makes you hip rather sore fairly quickly and, shooting from the hip, there is no accuracy, but you put a fair amount of lead down range.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    actually, that cost their Gov't quite a bit. Some made enough off of selling their guns back to buy new homes.
    I had heard that there was NO compensation, esp. for many of the older, more ornate collectibles, that the people were forced to surrender.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123