Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How will you defend your shtf location?

How will you defend your shtf location?

If you have a well stocked location in a shtf world; there is potential you will need to defend it..

So how would you defend your bug out location?

My situation has recently changed and I've moved back to Las Vegas. I still have my "bug out" location up in northern Idaho and future tenants will have options if SHTF, stay if you can provide till you find your own spot or GTFO! There are food stocks stashed up there that would not be easily found, the main issue is power for the well that I never got a chance to get set up. As far as defending it, I have mapped out tactical positions around the property that will be easily defended and have enough guns & ammo to stage just about anything. The house here in 'Vegas is another issue. I have ample firepower, just not a desireable place to be even though we are in the north part of the valley, it is still a metro kind of place, with it's own inherent problems.

One plus is some belt-fed goodness with lots of belts!!! For bug out, I have kits made up for each weapon. The main challenge is getting back up to Idaho, and not sure if my wife is keen about me installing a ring turret in her Exploder! lol

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Well, without knowing a specific scenario, as in what I would be defending my place against, I'll assume we're talking about either a small group of looters or a large chaotic mob. If it's the prior group they'll get a dose of buckshot followed by .45 acp. If it's the later, I'm leaving, I'll take what I can and let them have the rest.
    Returns June 3rd.

We've rigged tiger pits and caltrops all around the perimeter.

The walls have been designed so that our archers can support each other with interlocking fields of fire, and any attackers are bottle necked into convenient kill zones.

Dense walls fo sharpened wooden poles line the base of the fortress walls as well as the moat.

The moat itself has been filled with bitumen liquid, and will be set aflame with a burning arrow, should our hated enemies siege engines approach the gate.

Fires have been stoked along the ramparts to heat tubs of oil or gray water for any poor wretches that try to storm the walls.

Our archers arrows have been dipped in human waste. I don't know why.

In addition, any of our number who succumb to the dreaded plague will be catapulted over the walls, into the enemy camp.

With gods blessing, we will endure this siege and prevail!

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    If you have a well stocked location in a shtf world; there is potential you will need to defend it..

With guile and violence!
    Skäl
    "Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies." - 'Havamal'.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

They have to find the place first... by passing through 100,000 heavily armed Texas red-necks and about 100 miles of wooded terrain... Then you have to think the barricaded dirt logging road actually goes somewhere... Then you get to deal with about 50+ neighbors and family all heavily armed with watches posted and dogs. And that is before the SHTF...

I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

From a stone home with 2-4ft thick walls and first floor windows sealed brick and mortar

I don't.

I figure when you see all the heads on a stick you would get the point.
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Well, without knowing a specific scenario, as in what I would be defending my place against, I'll assume we're talking about either a small group of looters or a large chaotic mob. If it's the prior group they'll get a dose of buckshot followed by .45 acp. If it's the later, I'm leaving, I'll take what I can and let them have the rest.
    A lot of people talk about having a "bug out" location for shtf which prompted this thread asking how they would defend it.

As no enemy will give you a warning; not knowing the scenario is a given. What you know is your "bug out" location, manpower, and assets which is what any fixed location would know.

I was curious how those with bug out locations plan to protect it.

Next we have today's nomination for the highly imaginative post award:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post

The walls have been designed so that our archers can support each other with interlocking fields of fire, and any attackers are bottle necked into convenient kill zones.

Dense walls fo sharpened wooden poles line the base of the fortress walls as well as the moat.

The moat itself has been filled with bitumen liquid, and will be set aflame with a burning arrow, should our hated enemies siege engines approach the gate.

Fires have been stoked along the ramparts to heat tubs of oil or gray water for any poor wretches that try to storm the walls.

In addition, any of our number who succumb to the dreaded plague will be catapulted over the walls, into the enemy camp.

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    They have to find the place first... by passing through 100,000 heavily armed Texas red-necks and about 100 miles of wooded terrain... Then you have to think the barricaded dirt logging road actually goes somewhere... Then you get to deal with about 50+ neighbors and family all heavily armed with watches posted and dogs. And that is before the SHTF...
    And one of you probably owns a bucket loader or track hoe to dig decent fighting positions?

That is a great plan I like it!

on a more serious note I really am kind of screwed in my current location. My best bet would be to raise as much hell on the first wave as I can to disourage any one else from trying anything after that. I have plenty of guns and ammo to acomplish that. I figure my biggest threat is some one buring me out of my place. The next is the reality of I am just one person and that really limits you.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

I plan on eating my neighbors. No joke.
    Attitudes change quick when dicks are involved and faces are pushed into pillows.

Eh, kinda screwed regarding home location, BUT i do have a good secluded location in the middle of my grans 50+ acres in which i am most familiar. Got the guns, ammo, and food, just havent made a defensible structure yet.

Do you think that things will get that bad? I guess I should have started preparing sooner.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Are you positive none of the 100,000 angry Texans might pose a threat when the food runs out?

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

The plan is too move in the next couple of years. But if it goes bad before then I'll have to make do right here! Which I will do! I won't be alone either!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Hmmm. Good question, I have a plan to meet up with about 50 other guys when and IF sh!t hits the fan, which it most likely will. But yeah, Guns & Ammo are plentiful, along with the other basic human needs like rations and water. Unfortunately, we're bound to run out of toilet paper so I plan on bringing a couple copies of the 9/11 report along with Obama's new healthcare bill, since that's all it's good for anyway right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hochmeister View Post
    Hmmm. Good question, I have a plan to meet up with about 50 other guys when and IF sh!t hits the fan, which it most likely will. But yeah, Guns & Ammo are plentiful, along with the other basic human needs like rations and water. Unfortunately, we're bound to run out of toilet paper so I plan on bringing a couple copies of the 9/11 report along with Obama's new healthcare bill, since that's all it's good for anyway right?
    YES!!!! REVOLUTION!!!!!! WOLVERINES!!!!!!!! MURDER THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!
    Attitudes change quick when dicks are involved and faces are pushed into pillows.

LOL!! crapshoot, "Attitudes change quick when dicks are involved and faces are pushed into pillows." haha. That honestly made me laugh.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hochmeister View Post
    50 other guys? You belong to a militia or something?
    Returns June 3rd.

They have to find the place first... by passing through 100,000 heavily armed Texas red-necks and about 100 miles of wooded terrain.
    Is AKTexas one of those guys?
    I'm betting he is.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast