Thread: I think that I paid retail...

I think that I paid retail...

A buddy of mine at work. His FIL was selling some guns. So I went to take a look. Ended up with a Smith and Wesson 36 with box and papers, Colt Detective Special, (both snubbies) Fal, and Eddystone 1917. I paid 3100.00. No pictures. Just a quick look on Gunbroker says that I didn't get a steal, but probably didn't do too bad either.

He also had a Colt Diamondback .38 with box for 1k. I passed on that.

He also had a P-08 Long barrel. But he wanted 15k for it!

Had a nice trio of Model 12, MINT but wanted 7500.00 for them. Too rich for me.

He also threw in 15 clips of 30-06, 100 rounds of .308, and three boxes of .32. If I knew how to post some pictures. I would.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Depending on condition, age, blue or nickel and round or square butt, factory after market stocks you're looking at $500 or more. The Colt could run the same or more. I'd guess the FAL and the Eddy could be worth the remainder of your price or more. Tell me more about that S&W. I you want to PM me the serial number I can try and give you it's birthdate.

The Diamondback might be a deal depending on finish, bbl length, correct box, stocks, etc.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 10-21-2017 at 04:33 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I paid 500 for the S&W, came with an extra hammer. I will send you the number. I just switched phones, and was going to call you.

The 36 is a chiefs special.

Looks like a round butt, original grips. And its blued. Probably won't be a shooter.

what kind of fal?
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    what kind of fal?

Looks kit built. Imbel Receiver, black plastic furniture, Bi-pod, Carry handle. Supposed to come with two extra mags. (just one for now, but I am not too stressed about not getting the extra two) Metric. I already have two Fals. Built by SalBo (RIP) and Schuzenman. Those are just too nice to shoot.

text your email the pics then upload with postimage.org.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Looks kit built. Imbel Receiver, black plastic furniture, Bi-pod, Carry handle. Supposed to come with two extra mags. (just one for now, but I am not too stressed about not getting the extra two) Metric. I already have two Fals. Built by SalBo (RIP) and Schuzenman. Those are just too nice to shoot.
    Nothing is too good to shoot, that's what they were made to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    yep

put close to 200 through my factory fired only Belgium Falo on sunday, i didnt dish out that much $$ to let it collect dust.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I got the extra two mags yesterday came with a leather pouch. I will try to get some pictures, just been really busy. Two teenagers and their activities keeps me pretty busy.

I have shot my other Fals. I agree, I need to shoot them. But now I have one that I can definitely shoot when I feel like it!

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Those are just too nice to shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I know what you mean but I have to agree with Schuetzenman ... I have a mint, fully engraved 1957 Colt 1911 my wife gave me for my 57th birthday ... It's too nice to shoot too, but I have shot it ... It shoots well and and have taken it out 3 times in as many years and shot a mag of ball through it, cleaned it and put it away. That way when she asks me if I've shot it i don't have to lie to her, she smiles and gives me a hug and says she's glad I like it ... It shoots very well but I've got others that shoot as well and while I might cringe a bit if a Kimber got scratched or something but it wouldn't bother me like it would if something happened to that Colt ... It's not just a "shooter".
    Last edited by kimberkid; 11-22-2017 at 05:53 PM.