Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #MuellerTime

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Mueller has filed charges in Russia-Trump associates probe: multiple reports

A federal grand jury has approved the first charges in special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into possible collusion between Russia and members of the Trump presidential campaign, with indictments to be announced as early as Monday, according to multiple news agencies.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...e-reports.html
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Mueller shouldn't be investigating anyone on the Trump Administration. From what I understand, he's up to his neck in Russian collusion. He was the one who delivered the uranium, in the illegal deal orchestrated by obama, to the Russians....and the Klinton Crime Foundation raked in millions from that deal.

If he wants to find any links to Russian collusion, he need look no further than obama, Klinton, and himself, to find who colluded with the Russians.

I can't understand how he ended up being the one investigating Russian collusion. I can't understand why he's still in a position of power and not in jail.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

There's rumors that Trump may try to fire Mueller before the weekend is over.

That could open up a shitstorm...

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post

He should have fired him (and about 18 others) as soon as he took office. Trump isn't afraid of a shit storm.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I don't know. Firing Comey for implying he was going to investigate electoral malfeasance was one thing.

But firing Mueller could set off some serious alarm bells in Washington, people talking Nixonian levels of interference by the president...

Plus, it sounds like Trump can't fire him directly. He'd have to lean on Sessions. Who would have to lean on deputy AG Rosenstein, who hired special counsel in the first place.

But we already know Sessions is cucked. So the Mueller probes may only escalate from here...

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

It depends on the reason for firing Mueller. If it is because he has shown that he is not to be trusted with the investigation based on past deeds that is one thing. If it is because he is getting too close to something, that is another. I am sure that no matter what the MSM will jump to the cover-up answer no matter what the evidence shows (I guess that shows where I think the evidence is pointing!).
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I don't know. Firing Comey for implying he was going to investigate electoral malfeasance was one thing.

But firing Mueller could set off some serious alarm bells in Washington, people talking Nixonian levels of interference by the president...

Plus, it sounds like Trump can't fire him directly. He'd have to lean on Sessions. Who would have to lean on deputy AG Rosenstein, who hired special counsel in the first place.

But we already know Sessions is cucked. So the Mueller probes may only escalate from here...

The alarm bells are that Mueller is still in government office at all. Also that killary, pedosta, 0bama, bidet, holder, jarret, lynch still walk freely about
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    The alarm bells are that Mueller is still in government office at all. Also that killary, pedosta, 0bama, bidet, holder, jarret, lynch still walk freely about
    Now, that is a dream to beat all the others.

Freedom isn't free.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I'd wager those "rumors" are ill founded. Why fire Mueller AFTER the grand jury has handed down the indictments? My guess is any indictments are for suspected wrongdoing uncovered during but not related to the actual collusion investigation.

What I feel is a little odd is that after all these months of investigation by both houses of congress and Mueller with with no reported findings of any collusion Mueller decides to make this announcement on the heels of this Clinton uranium thing. Is this supposed to push the Clinton thing off the front page, (like anyone but FNC would give it that status in the first place)?

Also, why did Mueller make the announcement at all? If he had any evidence of collusion, especially against someone high profile, just make the arrest
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I'd wager those "rumors" are ill founded. Why fire Mueller AFTER the grand jury has handed down the indictments? My guess is any indictments are for suspected wrongdoing uncovered during but not related to the actual collusion investigation.

What I feel is a little odd is that after all these months of investigation by both houses of congress and Mueller with with no reported findings of any collusion Mueller decides to make this announcement on the heels of this Clinton uranium thing. Is this supposed to push the Clinton thing off the front page, (like anyone but FNC would give it that status in the first place)?

Also, why did Mueller make the announcement at all? If he had any evidence of collusion, especially against someone high profile, just make the arrest
    Agree with your assessment here. It's, probably, a grandstanding effort to take attention off the uranium deal. Dims are good at those things.

Freedom isn't free.

If I am guessing, I am guessing it is about Manafort and Podesta. Manafort was playing with the Russians before joining the Trump team. This is why they were
    able to tap Trump tower....
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    If I am guessing, I am guessing it is about Manafort and Podesta. Manafort was playing with the Russians before joining the Trump team. This is why they were
    able to tap Trump tower....
    I bet you're right.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Mueller is as smelly as Comey was. Look at all the hack investigators he hired, Every single one is an Obama/Clinton hack. Alismith and 5.56nato are right on the money. Plenty of crimes by the Obama/Clinton administration are being passed by, SERIOUS CRIMES.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

It was NOT an announcement, it was leaked. Leaking a sealed Grand Jury Indictment is a felony. Someone in Mueller's organization is a felon.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    It was NOT an announcement, it was leaked. Leaking a sealed Grand Jury Indictment is a felony. Someone in Mueller's organization is a felon.
    Didn't realize that. So perhaps it was "leaked" on purpose?

Just saw FNC is reporting that Paul Manafort and hid top aid Rick Gates have been told to surrender to federal authorities. Tax fraud was mentioned.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...l-counsel.html
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 10-30-2017 at 08:01 AM.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Didn't realize that. So perhaps it was "leaked" on purpose?

Just saw FNC is reporting that Paul Manafort and hid top aid Rick Gates have been told to surrender to federal authorities. Tax fraud was mentioned.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...l-counsel.html
    Yeah, it was leaked on Friday so that the MSM could wonder about it all weekend before the indictment was actually announced on Monday.

Still nothing about collusion with Russia. And, from what I was reading this is likely to do with some money transfers that happened in 2012 and 2013, nothing to do with the last election cycle.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

The indictment was 12 counts and absolutely nothing to do with Russians and the election. It was all from 2012 bank transfers with Paul Manafort and his business partner. If I'm looking at it properly, if the non-disclosure goes away the rest of what they are indicted on goes with it.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

I had a back & forth with the author on FR re: Mueller. My contention is Mueller is dirty and not to be trusted. The author believes he actually has been hired, in a roundabout way, by Trump. If true, then a lot of big dogs are about to be rounded up. Keep in mind this was posted a week ago, before any hint of an indictment was leaked.

Read and make up your own mind:

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/muelle...working-trump/

Is Mueller Actually Working For Trump?
    Larry Schweikart Oct 23, 2017

I will state out the outset I can be wrong. So far, on almost all the big calls, I haven’t been but there’s always a first time.

That said, I think Robert Mueller is doing exactly what Donald Trump (yes, Donald Trump!) hired him to do. Oh, did you forget? Trump hired Mueller. Well, Rod Rosenstein hired him . . . the day after Trump “interviewed” Mueller for the FBI position.

Right.

Trumpers, who are most critical of Mueller’s investigation, normally (correctly, I’d say) see Trump as brilliant, playing 3D chess while his opponents play “Catch Phrase” (to which every correct answer is “racism” . . . but I digress). Yet in this one area, they seem to think, Trump was a dolt, that he didn’t realize what he was doing.

They go on to indict (no pun intended) Attorney General Jeff Sessions for “doing nothing,” for recusing himself (which, I was told by none other than former Trump chief strategist, he “had to do”), and for failing to “lock her up” (referring to Hillary).

It’s a strange dichotomy, to say the least.

Except it’s not strange, because Trump did know exactly what he was doing.

To get the story in the right perspective, it’s important to understand that Trump has been pursuing the presidency for at least 20 years, perhaps longer. He has always had a network of informants in business, and over time it’s not unlikely that he was soliciting information on potential political opponents. Trump had dirt on virtually everyone, because he was outside of politics and could be trusted with gossip. In those years, Trump learned a great deal about the Swamp.

A very great deal.

Fast forward to the investigation. Mueller hires, supposedly, a bunch of biased lawyers (some of whom, it turns out, specialize in financial transactions—which was never, ever mentioned in the original “charges” against Trump). So in addition to the fact that Trump was told on multiple occasions he was not a target, it also appears that the types of lawyers Mueller hired were looking at something entirely different than “Russian collusion.”

Some good models here would be the John Gotti investigations, ABSCAM, and the Robert Hanssen sting. These were all long investigations, totally secret, that nailed high-value targets.

So what do we know so far?

1. According to sources on all sides, Mueller’s team doesn’t leak. Neither does Sessions. So no one knows for sure what he’s investigating.

2. With that in mind, realize that when leaks appear as “news stories,” some target put them there out a desire to pre-empt or mitigate what is coming.

3. Trump, Sessions, and Mueller all knew that for the investigation to succeed in getting Loretta Lynch, James Comey, the Podestas, or anyone one else on the left, it had to operate in secret and totally below the radar. In other words, it had to look like it was pursuing Trump, even though he was told on multiple occasions he was not a target, and even though he has dismissed most—if not all—of his criminal defense team.

4. Further, it had to look like Sessions was incompetent. Trump provided “Cheese in the maze” early with Tweets about “Why Sessions wasn’t doing anything” and the like. The giveaway was the following day, Sessions had a presser for another sting and was smiling as if he knew exactly what was going on. People in Alabama tell me he had a sterling record and never brought cases that couldn’t be won.

5. It was important that Sessions recuse himself, because otherwise, the whole inquiry would have been about him.

6. Unfortunately, it was essential that at first Mueller/Sessions “look” at Trump people, hence some of the Trump associates had to hire lawyers—which Trump has graciously offered to pay for. I do not think the associates were at all in on the game.

7. At some point, after Manafort’s “investigation” most likely, the investigation would shift to the Democrats. Note today NBC has reported that Mueller is investigating Tony Podesta. This is the tip of the iceberg.

8. No, Mueller is not a part of Uranium 1. He intercepted bomb-grade material destined for al-Qaeda to start a bomb project and returned it to Russia. He doesn’t need a pardon or immunity.

To recap: from the outset Trump hired Mueller via Rosenstein to carry out the investigation of the Dems, most notably Podesta, but likely ending with the Clinton Crime Family Foundation, as Rush Limbaugh calls it. No one would get Hillary Clinton on the e-mails–but you might get her on something else, the Foundation. Further, this is being carried out in utter secrecy on Mueller/Sessions’ part. Finally, word is starting to leak out from targets that the investigation has shifted. Oh, and none other than Jimmy Carter just came out praising Trump, and says the election wasn’t rigged. What’s that all about?

I’ll tell you: Carter got word from a target of the investigation’s real objectives, and JC (“Jesus Carter,” as I call him) wants no part of this.

My best guess is that we’ll know the excrement is really about to hit the fan when you start to see stories in liberal-friendly outlets—such as The Hill this weekend!—that Mueller is “overreaching” and that he needs to be “reined in.” Ignore who is writing these articles and focus instead on who is putting them out. The Hill is one of the liberals’ most famous sources to get leaks out. I suspect we have about three more months, taking us into 2018 election season, before Mueller begins to drop indictments.

As you’ve seen in my voter registration articles, the Democrats are in huge trouble already with the electorate. This would likely bury them deader than the Know-Nothings.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

The vid was nicely done, but I doubt if anything will stick to Manafort and his guy, neither will it impact the Trump admin. On the other hand, I feel this just might cause Trump to purge Sessions and appoint an ag who will charge and arrest 0bama regime operatives for their many crimes.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast