Thread: MAS 49/56 going up in price

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up MAS 49/56 going up in price

I realize things can and do increase in value over time but man, my 49/56 is every bit as nice as this one and as I recall I paid $225.00 from SOG back in the day! Time to seriously consider selling mine.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/701185993
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    There are becoming fewer and fewer surplus rifles to be sold. The days of "found in the corner of a warehouse" are most likely gone. Unlike import bans on current production firearms creating a false shortage, there are a fixed number of these old babies to be found. Granted some were made in the millions, but conditions of old firearms come into play now that we are moving into more of a collector marked for what used to be kick-around shootables.

either someone really, really wanted one or somebody* ran it up to "protect the price"

Seriously, Can still find 7.5 models out there for $400-700 pending on condition. Syrian 49's are hit and miss on overall prices too.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I found several others that sold around the $800 mark.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

If I could get the $$ things get in gunbroker world I'd sell everything tomorrow and disappear.

local availability is a very high determining factor for a lot of these older guns now, if you even have 5 people in the country that have been after a nice specimen of something things are going to get bid up pretty good.
    Last edited by Helen Keller; 11-04-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Yep, was telling my wife that two guys getting into a bidding war doesn't set the market price. I just wish they'd fight over my listings if/when I auction something.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068