Thread: Swamp Creature Ed Gillespie Defeated in Virginia

Swamp Creature Ed Gillespie Defeated in Virginia

President Trump criticized Republican Ed Gillespie within moments of his projected loss in Tuesday's Virginia gubernatorial race, suggesting he fell short because he did not “embrace” Trump's agenda.

“Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for. Don’t forget, Republicans won 4 out of 4 House seats, and with the economy doing record numbers, we will continue to win, even bigger than before!” Trump tweeted from Seoul, South Korea on Tuesday night, minutes after the gubernatorial race was called for Democratic Lt. Gov. Ralph Northam.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...mbrace-me.html

I see Chris Christie just got replaced with a Democrat in New Jersey as well.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...mbrace-me.html

I see Chris Christie just got replaced with a Democrat in New Jersey as well.
    Think about it. It's New Jersey....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Yeah, I suppose that should have been no surprise.

Virginia was supposed to be a key battleground swing state though, and Gillespie got smoked by a nearly 10-point margin.

Establishment Republican all the way, 30-year veteran of the DC swamp. Guess folks wanted something different.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

This election was no surprise to me. VA is now a blue State. One word explains why and that word is demographics. Northern VA can only be described as a shithole. Some places in the State, e.g., Eastern Shore, Northern Neck, Blue Ridge mountains, etc. are very pleasant places - but in general the libs have taken over which is why I moved to West VA 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    The only thing that changes in NJ is who profits from the graft and corruption.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

As someone who actually lives in VA I can say last night wasn't a surprise. This state voted for Obama twice, Hillary and for Democrat governor four years ago. It's no stretch a Democrat got elected last night. I just hope we kept a Republican majority in our state house. Can't wait to retire and get out of here.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

The whole state is owned by Republicans except for the Big City as most states are, It's no wonder the Dems want to pack all the cities with illegals, let alone the opportunity for massive fraud, criminals voting ect.......Whatever means necessary. Same everywhere, Big city liberals determining how everyone should live. Thank God the founders were smart with the electoral college, they saw much but there are a few things they missed.

Media: GOP Lost 2 Governor Races in Deep Blue States Because Americans Want Illegal Immigrants …Yeah, Run with that!
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...ants-yeah-run/

lol
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Looks like we might end up with a 50/50 split in the house of delegates. I believe four districts are still going through absentee ballots and or a recount. We'll still hold a two seat majority in the state senate.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Media: GOP Lost 2 Governor Races in Deep Blue States Because Americans Want Illegal Immigrants …Yeah, Run with that!
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...ants-yeah-run/

lol
    And people wonder why the media is called "Fake News"......
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Looks like we might end up with a 50/50 split in the house of delegates.
    How do ties in the House work? No legislation advances?

I've often wondered how that would work in the federal House as well... I know Senate ties can be broken by the Vice President, as Pence has already done a few times so far, but what about the House?

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    How do ties in the House work? No legislation advances?

I've often wondered how that would work in the federal House as well... I know Senate ties can be broken by the Vice President, as Pence has already done a few times so far, but what about the House?
    Not sure? It's only happened once before in 1997. They just announced that one of the districts had a discrepancy. They canvassed the results from one of the close districts in Fairfax where the Democrat was ahead by 68 votes and found that the number of votes called in last night were 100 less than what were actually ran through the voting scanner. Those 100 votes have the Republican ahead by 38 votes so it looks like we will keep a one seat majority in the house of delegates.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/politics...4a7f3dea4.html
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Not sure? It's only happened once before in 1997. They just announced that one of the districts had a discrepancy. They canvassed the results from one of the close districts in Fairfax where the Democrat was ahead by 68 votes and found that the number of votes called in last night were 100 less than what were actually ran through the voting scanner. Those 100 votes have the Republican ahead by 38 votes so it looks like we will keep a one seat majority in the house of delegates.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/politics...4a7f3dea4.html
    Wouldn't bet on it, if Virginia is anything like MN, fresh democrat ballots will be found in the back of somebodies car, launching them to victory. Ask Al Franken how that works......

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Wouldn't bet on it, if Virginia is anything like MN, fresh democrat ballots will be found in the back of somebodies car, launching them to victory. Ask Al Franken how that works......
    Actually it looks like we kept another Republican seat in the House of Delegates so we should end up with a two vote majority.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068