Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flynn May Be Cooperating With Mueller

Well, if Kushner does get indicted next, I guess Trump could always proactively pardon him, so there is no leverage against him to testify.

I'm kind of surprised he didn't pardon Flynn before this bombshell came out today.

The president has already stated on record that if Mueller isn't finished with his investigation by the end of the year, he's getting the axe...

So this little soap opera drama could get very interesting very soon.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Judge Napolitano: "We may be on the verge of a Constitutional Crisis..."
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Well, if Kushner does get indicted next, I guess Trump could always proactively pardon him, so there is no leverage against him to testify.

I'm kind of surprised he didn't pardon Flynn before this bombshell came out today.

The president has already stated on record that if Mueller isn't finished with his investigation by the end of the year, he's getting the axe...

So this little soap opera drama could get very interesting very soon.
    Can you please provide the source for your comment about Trump firing Mueller by year end, I've not be able to find where he said that?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Can you please provide the source for your comment about Trump firing Mueller by year end, I've not be able to find where he said that?
    He didn't say it outright directly, it was more of an implied threat. He tweeted about it just last week, but interestingly, as I just went back to look through his Twitter feed (both @POTUS and @realdonaldtrump), it looks like all his Mueller tweets have been scrubbed. Probably a smart move on his lawyers' part.

There is this story from just a few days ago:

Trump telling friends Mueller probe will be done by end of year: report

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...nd-of-the-year

Whether that turns into a self-fulfilled prophecy or not remains to be seen.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

So he didn't actually say he would fire him if he didn't finish by the end of the year. I didn't think so. That would be front page news if he did. Just trying to keep facts in the fore front.

Supposedly all deleted Trump tweets are recorded here but I don't see anything about Mueller getting the axe?

https://projects.propublica.org/poli...ealDonaldTrump
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 12-01-2017 at 08:09 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Supposedly all deleted Trump tweets are recorded here but I don't see anything about Mueller getting the axe?

https://projects.propublica.org/poli...ealDonaldTrump
    Wow, that's a lot of deleted tweets they are keeping track of!

I know for a fact Trump has tweeted about Mueller over the past few months, but I don't see any mention of Mueller at all on his active Twitter feeds now, going clear back to early September.

But let's hope it doesn't come down to that (Mueller getting fired) because that could really open up a shitstorm of Nixonian proportions.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Judge Nap on Flynn's Guilty Plea: 'Monumental' Reduction of Charges Doesn't Come for Free
    There is a second possibility that seems to be getting very little discussion, probably because it would not drive as much traffic. Maybe the charges weren't reduced, this was all that could be proven. The other thing that gets me is we don't really know what charges were actually considered or what the investigation actually found. All we have is about 8 months of hopeful guesses by liberal news organizations about what the investigation would find and what charges would be levied. Granted, based on no knowledge at all except for guesses the charges were monumentally reduced, but we don't know for sure.
    Last edited by ltorlo64; 12-01-2017 at 08:32 PM.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

almost forgot the sauce.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/936760299146956800

/thread
    Last edited by rci2950; 12-01-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    There is a second possibility that seems to be getting very little discussion, probably because it would not drive as much traffic. Maybe the charges weren't reduced, this was all that could be proven. The other thing that gets me is we don't really know what charges were actually considered or what the investigation actually found. All we have is about 8 months of hopeful guesses by liberal news organizations about what the investigation would find and what charges would be levied. Granted, based on no knowledge at all except for guesses the charges were monumentally reduced, but we don't know for sure.
    I don't know... I guess we will see.

Something tells me Mueller isn't done yet. I certainly haven't heard any announcement that his investigation is over now that Flynn has been convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    That is a huge clarification. I wonder if they will clarify on Special Report of if this will pretty much be the extent of it.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

That is a huge clarification. I wonder if they will clarify on Special Report of if this will pretty much be the extent of it.
    nope. they will do their usual and just not talk about it anymore. Let people continue to think the worst.

Trump calls it fake news. Either way. They know what they are doing.

Last edited by rci2950; 12-01-2017 at 09:44 PM.

It sounds like ABC only got part of the details wrong. It was a "senior official in the Trump Administration" who ordered Flynn to contact the Russians, sources say.

ABC erroneously interpreted that to mean Trump himself, but other sources are suggesting it was actually Kushner.

I think we're going to be hearing a lot more about Jared in the coming weeks ahead.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

It sounds like ABC only got part of the details wrong. It was a "senior official in the Trump Administration" who ordered Flynn to contact the Russians, sources say.

ABC erroneously interpreted that to mean Trump himself, but other sources are suggesting it was actually Kushner.

I think we're going to be hearing a lot more about Jared in the coming weeks ahead.
    Nothing "erroneous" about it. They did that on purpose.

Always remember, the accusation gets more traction than the facts do. This is SOP of fake news and Liberals/Dimocrats.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Actually, it appears that Kushner told Flynn, as the UN Security Council was getting ready to vote on a resolution, to reach out to foreign governments, including Russia. Again, this is a big point that seems to be getting glossed over by the MSM. General Flynn was told to reach out to not just the Russians, but other governments that would be taking part in this UN vote. And it happened after the election not before. Not sure how this helps the argument for collusion (except when key parts are left out). Actually, the more I read about this the more I don't understand why General Flynn didn't just tell them what happened. The election was over, Trump had won and waiting to be inaugurated, and President Obama was arguably trying to make Trump's job more difficult by souring relations with Russia which he had 8 years to do before hand but instead waited until weeks before he left office to do. Getting Russia to not escalate the situation seems like a wise thing to do.

NRA Endowment Member

Actually, the more I read about this the more I don't understand why General Flynn didn't just tell them what happened.
    That's just it. If everything was on the up-and-up, regarding contacts with Russia, then why lie about it at all? Why not just say: "Hey, all it was about was cooperation with Russia against ISIS" or whatever. Promoting national security interests. What's the big deal?

That's the only reason this whole thing blew up against Flynn. And Manafort. And Papadopoulos. All the lies.

Even if it DOES turn out to be a big "nothingburger" and only ends up taking down Kushner, it would have never gotten this far if it didn't seem like all these Trump campaign officials were hiding something.

That's just it. If everything was on the up-and-up, regarding contacts with Russia, then why lie about it at all? Why not just say: "Hey, all it was about was cooperation with Russia against ISIS" or whatever. Promoting national security interests. What's the big deal?

That's the only reason this whole thing blew up against Flynn. And Manafort. And Papadopoulos. All the lies.

Even if it DOES turn out to be a big "nothingburger" and only ends up taking down Kushner, it would have never gotten this far if it didn't seem like all these Trump campaign officials were hiding something.
    Actually, that question is easy. The MSM was not going to let any communication with Russia be seen or reported on as being on the up and up, no matter how innocuous the communication. It is a win-win for the MSM. They knew that Trump would talk to other governments, including Russia, prior to his coming into office, he would be stupid not to (and despite how they report, they know he is not stupid). If he didn't they could attack him for not being prepared, if he does they can tie it back to "collusion" even though it didn't happen until after the election was over and actually showed good diplomatic sense. Not letting the communication be known was stupid, but I can definitely see why they might try to keep it quiet.

NRA Endowment Member

Well, Kushner is already on record denying he ordered Flynn to do anything.

So if nothing else, if Flynn is swearing under oath otherwise, Kushner is going down for lying to the FBI as well.

Whether he tries to flip and provide dirt on anyone else (let alone Trump) to save his own skin, remains to be seen.

Well, Kushner is already on record denying he ordered Flynn to do anything.

So if nothing else, if Flynn is swearing under oath otherwise, Kushner is going down for lying to the FBI as well.

Whether he tries to flip and provide dirt on anyone else (let alone Trump) to save his own skin, remains to be seen.
    If only the MSM and Congress had been so dogged about Clinton or Obama and their lying to the FBI and Congress as well as obstructing justice by destroying records. If the people currently being investigated did something wrong, and lying to the FBI is wrong, they need to be held accountable. I just wish (and I know I am being very naοve) that the MSM would stop being partisan and start doing what their freedom was supposed to ensure, fighting for justice even when it takes down the people they support.

NRA Endowment Member

If only the MSM and Congress had been so dogged about Clinton or Obama and their lying to the FBI and Congress as well as obstructing justice by destroying records.
    Oh, I have no doubt, if Hillary was in there right now, she'd be under just as much heat. There was no love between her and Comey. (Whom she blamed in her book for costing her the election.)

And wasn't it Matt Lauer throwing softball questions to Trump, while grilling Hillary repeatedly over those scrubbed e-mails?

I'm just not so sure the MSM is really as partisan as you make out. The bottom line for them is: scandal sells. Sensationalism sells.

I mean, look how they went after Anthony Weiner. And are going after Franken and Conyers now. You'd think if they were really in bed with the Democrats, they wouldn't keep throwing Democrats under the bus as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast