Thread: How many of you all are Toyota Owners?

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs up How many of you all are Toyota Owners?

Today I have had my 2018 Toyota Corolla LE 1 Month. This is my first Toyota, I was tired of Honda after owning 2 Civics. I was going with Kia till I found out more about them, (0 Resale Value) I was thinking about a Blue one, and we were walking towards them, and then I saw one in Barcelona Red,(made in October) walked back to it, and said to my Salesman, I think this is the one. Next day went to my Credit Union, and that afternoon drove it off the lot, at Toyota of Stuart. Funny thing about where it was made! It was Started in Canada at the Ottawa Factory, and finished in Tenn. or Ark. here in the States, I thought it was funny Canada would send down a half built car, to another Factory!!! This is also the first Car I have owned with a D.O.H.C. Engine, 1.8 size Engine. The Spare is a full size Tire, and on a full Size Steel Rim. not some blow up Donut. This is my first Toyota. So far I have been very Impressed with it. If you all like Toyota too, you know what I mean. Everyone I have talked with who have them also said it was a very good and reliable Car. I would like to buy a Chevy again, but was told all come with OnStar, even if you leave it turned off, The Government can turn it on, I was told by the head Salesman, I would have to order a Chevy from the Factory to get it with out an OnStar. Plus I am happy to say, there is no GPS on my Toyota. It was time for a new Car, I will say this for my 2009 Honda Civic, I got 171,400.00 Miles on it give or take. I will never own a Ford for any reason! Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Been driving Toyota Pickup Trucks since August 1981. This is my 4th, got it a year ago after running a Tundra for 16 years and putting just a tad over 178,000 miles on it.

Last edited by Schuetzenman; 11-30-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I have owned three Toyota trucks. The first two I owned for 10+ years and put over 100,000 miles on them. Reliable and do everything I want. My latest one I have had for about 2 years and fully expect to have it for about another 10 before I decide to replace it.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

My son drives a Toyota truck (not sure of the model), and he loves it. It's his second one.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Great! These are sort of the replies I was hoping for, I should have bought a Toyota long ago. I still miss Chevys but willnot own Onstar, or a GPS. I am not happy with the Black Box, all cars have, but can't do anything about it. Thanks for great replies.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

I have a 04 Double cab Toyota Tacoma 4x4 3.4 5VZFE with a OLD Man Emu 3 inch lift, Magnuson (TRD) Supercharger, 7th injector, and Relentless plate front bumber. I love my little Toyota. I have taken it off road a few times and it is a superstar. Jeep trails are a breeze. It owns the snow. I plan on having it for the rest of my life. They do have a major frame rust issues, so look at the frame before you buy.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    I have a 04 Double cab Toyota Tacoma 4x4 3.4 5VZFE with a OLD Man Emu 3 inch lift, Magnuson (TRD) Supercharger, 7th injector, and Relentless plate front bumber. I love my little Toyota. I have taken it off road a few times and it is a superstar. Jeep trails are a breeze. It owns the snow. I plan on having it for the rest of my life. They do have a major frame rust issues, so look at the frame before you buy.
    I got a recall on my exhaust system for corrosion problems. The dealer will inspect it and even if there is not corrosion they will replace it for free. Can't complain about that, except for the time without my truck.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Thought about buying one once. Had the financing in my pocket and was standing on the lot looking at trucks.
    After about 15 minutes I left. No one ever came out to talk to me. Couple of days later bought my first 150. But this happened in 13
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by l921428x; 12-02-2017 at 10:37 AM.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Thought about buying one once. Had the financing in my pocket and was standing on the lot looking at trucks.
    After about 15 minutes I left. No one ever came out to talk to me. Couple of days later bought my first 150. But this happened in 13
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Jeez that sucks. What happened? Ice?
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

He bought a Ford what do you expect! Ford will always be the enemy of Chevy owners! Paul

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Jeez that sucks. What happened? Ice?
    I was sitting in an intersection(4 lane) to make a left turn, the light turned yellow then red I made the turn to clear the intersection
    and a guy ran the light. I didn't see him and he couldn't have seen me. I doubt he even had a good stomp on the brake.
    But I do know he hit that truck so hard he lifted it high enough to place a mark on the hood of another car. 50 mph easy.

But since I turned (even if it was to get out of the road) I also ran the light, according to police and we were both ticketed. 165 or so fine if I remember.
    Totaled the truck. The truck was worth 21 k the year before and i got a 13k payout after this.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Purchased a FJ about three years ago and super happy with it when my oldest get's his DL he will get that and I'll get me a 4Runner, I like Toyota trucks a lot.

I won't own anything else. A Sienna, 3 Tacomas, a Land Cruiser, Lexus IS300, and a Tundra. The Land Cruiser was the best vehicle that I ever owned and I kick myself for selling it. The Lexus is supposed to be my daughter's car, but she's too lazy to finish driver's ed, so I use it. 200K on the odometer and it's still quick as shit (same drivetrain as the old Supras) and tight as a drum in the rattle department.