Thread: Anybody else getting a smidge nervous over the stock plunge?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Anybody else getting a smidge nervous over the stock plunge?

Maybe it's just a correction? Maybe some serious foreshadowing?

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Maybe it's just a correction? Maybe some serious foreshadowing?
    It's a correction. ALSO one of the major reasons for the stock plunge is those fascist LEFTIST TECH COMPANIES taking a hit. Are you unhappy that leftwing censors like Facebook is taking a hit? Hell, I'll take a little cascade effect on my portfolio to see those fuckers suffer.

Also the MEDIA likes to push headlines like it's the END OF THE WORLD. You gotta think long term. Don't panic and sell off your stocks at rock bottom prices. If your investment companies will be around for a while, then hang on to them. I remember the crashes of 1987, the dot com crash of 1999, and the housing bubble crash of 2008. Unless you're going to liquidate your portfolio into cash for immediate use (don't hang onto cash for long term, the interest rates are just SHIT) then don't worry about it.

I see a part of the problem being that the media has talked up a bad economy enough for it to become a self fulfilling prophecy as they did in 2008.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

No. As long as President Trump just lets it ride out the correction will be over soon and the gains will outweigh the losses. If he tries to step in like FDR, Bush or Obama the correction will take forever to finish meaning it will be a weapon to use against him in the next election.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

And now the market has rallied back 1086. So weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    And now the market has rallied back 1086. So weird.
    That's what it does. Trump for the LONG TERM (if the Democrats don't fuck everything up, which they CAN) is good for the economy and the market. He's pragmatic in that if he does something and it doesn't work, he changes and does something else. On any issue that we disagree with him on, he CAN be made to change course. That's completely different than OBAMA, who will doggedly follow a destructive path because to him, Liberalism is a religion, and like many liberals, they consider apostasy a death penalty crime

Trump knows what the fed is and who owns it. His order to remove US forces from Syria and the rest of the middle east has put a lot of stress on the nwo and they're hitting back by collapsing the markets. Markets are going down all over, not just here, and the media will blame Trump. Anyway, expect more of this as Trump gets his America first thing going in deed rather than just word. I have a idea that if the fed tries another 1929, Trump will print US notes and circulate them while removing fed notes from circulation, US notes that bear debt to no one and are under the control of congress just like the constitution mandates. Remember, the fed was foisted upon the American people as the solution to wild swings in the economy - they're not the solution, they're the cause.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Trump knows what the fed is and who owns it. His order to remove US forces from Syria and the rest of the middle east has put a lot of stress on the nwo and they're hitting back by collapsing the markets. Markets are going down all over, not just here, and the media will blame Trump. Anyway, expect more of this as Trump gets his America first thing going in deed rather than just word. I have a idea that if the fed tries another 1929, Trump will print US notes and circulate them while removing fed notes from circulation, US notes that bear debt to no one and are under the control of congress just like the constitution mandates. Remember, the fed was foisted upon the American people as the solution to wild swings in the economy - they're not the solution, they're the cause.
    There is a small problem with that idea - the markets have been very erratic since before Thanksgiving. Trump only announced the pull-out a week ago. In the last 6-8 weeks, my Roth IRA has gone down ~15% and my taxable (non-qualified) account has gone down ~12%.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Hmmmmm. Well the DOW JONES just skyrocketed up 1000 points on the 26th, marking the highest increase in history in one day. Remember, when stock prices get low (just like guns) it's time to BUY UP!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    And the day after started with the typical panic followed by buy buy buy. Up over 100 today.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    There is a small problem with that idea - the markets have been very erratic since before Thanksgiving. Trump only announced the pull-out a week ago. In the last 6-8 weeks, my Roth IRA has gone down ~15% and my taxable (non-qualified) account has gone down ~12%.
    Those who are against the Trump agenda have long been acting in the economy. I suspect soros himself could do huge harm to the US economy if he wished. He's not the only zillionaire with the means to collapse economies.

Anyway, this was an interesting read;
    At the beginning of this year, I published an article titled ‘New Fed Chairman Will Trigger A Historic Stock Market Crash In 2018‘. In that article, I predicted that Jerome Powell would push forward with interest rate hikes and balance sheet cuts. This would put extreme pressure on highly indebted corporations and they would be forced to stop spending capital on stock buybacks, which have been propping up equities for several years.

I would point out that not only has Powell in fact done exactly what I predicted, but that he has done it consciously, knowing what the results would be. In 2012, Powell outlined the exact consequences of policy tightening in the Fed October minutes. These minutes were not made public until recently. They PROVE that the Fed is fully aware of what it is doing, not acting blindly.

In September of this year, in my article ‘The Everything Bubble: When Will It Finally Crash?‘, I predicted that stock markets would begin crashing in December of 2018, despite many skeptics arguing that a “Santa Claus rally” was guaranteed. From the article:
    http://www.alt-market.com/articles/3...-deeper-agenda
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW

Good point TM !!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

BWAHAHAHAHA. So true!!!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Federal reserve, interest rate hikes. 8 since Trump,

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

The economy is just as manipulated now as it was when Trump told us about it during the 2016 election, and the people doing the manipulating are not going to allow Trump to make it through his first term without a recession. Eventually, the entire federal reserve bubble is going to collapse. I only hope the (((bankers))) aren't allowed to get away with blaming it all on Trump.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Trump is the king of bankruptcy, he will steer the country through the waters of default and hopefully into a currency that isn't issued by a cartel at interest. The interest hikes have caused our interest payments on the national debt to skyrocket.