Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1444

Thread: Official 2018 Gunsnet Random Photo Thread

  1. #1201
    Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    3,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Well, the nose ring is the fashion. What can I say? I really don't mind it, and I recall when I was her age my parents wouldn't let me do ANYTHING that was "in style" at the time, so of course I was the oddball nerd. I don't want my daughter to feel like I did.

    Besides, she has her head screwed on straight, she is kind and polite and she gets very good grades in school, so if she likes the nose ring... why not? And no, she's not a lesbian or a feminist. She's a combination of girly girl and tomboy (if you can figure that one out).



    She's a great shot with a pistol too. She can ring the target plate at 25 yards almost 9 out of 10 times. She loves my Ruger .22 (the one in the photo) and she declared that it is now HER gun. I wasn't about to argue with an armed female!


    BTW, what is a "unicorn"? Never heard of that as a phrase to describe someone.
    That's the photo i remember of her, can't remember how old you said she was, but i remember the photo because she has that mean "mess with me, i dare you" look on her face.
    17 now? man that is the year in my daughters life i would like to forget, it's like she was possessed, but she turned 18 and everything was fine again, i guess she needed that year of rebellion.

    I'm taking her 10 yr old daughter to the range tomorrow to shoot my Mark III and introduce her to 9mm, she says she doesn't need practice with the ARs anymore, but "my handgun skills need work papa "

  2. #1202
    Senior Member BISHOP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,920
    I remember that picture. Time is a flying! Smart looking kid!


    BISHOP

  3. #1203
    Senior Member Full Otto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,304
    Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Crap, how do i make that photo larger ?
    About the best I could do for you man

    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

  4. #1204
    Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    AZ USA
    Posts
    5,646
    Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    https://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/da...69_Z28_021.JPG

    This was my 69 Z28, which was actually the last of the real Z28's. Z28 was an engine designation that chevy used for the 302 cu.in hi performance engine. I think the engine in the 70 was called the LT1, good engine, but nowhere near the power of the 302.

    Crap, how do i make that photo larger ?
    Did yours have the dual quads? From what I've read this was a dealer installed option.

    Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

  5. #1205
    Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    3,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    About the best I could do for you man

    Thanks, that was a digital photo of the kodak photo graphs i had of it

  6. #1206
    Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    3,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    Did yours have the dual quads? From what I've read this was a dealer installed option.

    Steve
    No, had a holly 750cfm double pumper on it. When i got it, it was a factory stock 302, in the photo the engine had been rebuilt and heavily modified putting out well over 500 HP at 8500 rpm. It was a real pain to drive on the street in traffic, and 6 months after me,my dad and his buddies finished building the engine, the "gas shortage" of '73 hit and i could hardly afford or find the 103 octane leaded gas it needed to run, and at about 7-8 mpg, it needed lots of it. Sure was fun while it lasted,

    From what i remember the dual quad set-up was on a cross ram manifold and used 2 holly 500 or 600 cfm carbs.

  7. #1207
    Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    AZ USA
    Posts
    5,646
    Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    No, had a holly 750cfm double pumper on it. When i got it, it was a factory stock 302, in the photo the engine had been rebuilt and heavily modified putting out well over 500 HP at 8500 rpm. It was a real pain to drive on the street in traffic, and 6 months after me,my dad and his buddies finished building the engine, the "gas shortage" of '73 hit and i could hardly afford or find the 103 octane leaded gas it needed to run, and at about 7-8 mpg, it needed lots of it. Sure was fun while it lasted,

    From what i remember the dual quad set-up was on a cross ram manifold and used 2 holly 500 or 600 cfm carbs.
    They were two Holley 600 cfm double pumpers.

    Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

  8. #1208
    Senior Member BISHOP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    BTW, what is a "unicorn"? Never heard of that as a phrase to describe someone.
    It's a reference to this vid.
    I always contribute the Unicorn to only Red heads (redheads being emotionally unstable and easy to anger) but I'm always mistaken when I see the vid again.
    You need to watch the whole vid to understand what he means but the unicorn is mentioned at just after 4:44.

    It's an old vid that has been on this site before.


    BISHOP

  9. #1209
    Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,246
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

  10. #1210
    Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    AZ USA
    Posts
    5,646
    Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    '65 Mustang Fastback

    Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

  11. #1211
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,943
    This is like the first car I was allowed to drive on my own. It had a 430 CI V-8 with 4-barrel carb. Got it up to 120 with the gas pedal only about 3/4 down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

  12. #1212
    Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    3,663
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    This is like the first car I was allowed to drive on my own. It had a 430 CI V-8 with 4-barrel carb. Got it up to 120 with the gas pedal only about 3/4 down.
    AHH YES, DEEtroit heavy metal from the good old days of cheap gas and fuck gas milage

  13. #1213
    Senior Member BISHOP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    It's a reference to this vid.
    I always contribute the Unicorn to only Red heads (redheads being emotionally unstable and easy to anger) but I'm always mistaken when I see the vid again.
    You need to watch the whole vid to understand what he means but the unicorn is mentioned at just after 4:44.

    It's an old vid that has been on this site before.


    BISHOP
    A lot of explanation with no link. Sorry.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=incSwssUyp4&t=274s


    BISHOP

  14. #1214
    Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,246
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

  15. #1215
    Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    AZ USA
    Posts
    5,646
    Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Sharon Tate - http://ashenlady-rhiannon.blogspot.c...os-fanpix.html

    Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

  16. #1216
    Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,246
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

  17. #1217
    Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Posts
    5,192
    Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

  18. #1218
    Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    AZ USA
    Posts
    5,646
    Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Bettie Page - Apparently they put that image on a Zippo lighter. https://www.amazon.com/Zippo-Custom-.../dp/B076416G48

    Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

  19. #1219
    Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Posts
    5,192
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

  20. #1220
    Senior Member whiskeyman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    490
    Great link.

Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •