Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I asked this question a couple of years ago.

I asked this question a couple of years ago.

Has the tilt of the Earth changed? Now I know it has, I can see it.
    The Sun is decidedly setting at a lower angle than I have ever seen it.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Been my feeling for the last couple of years too. Seems the sun is higher in the summer and lower in the winter. The Earth has a natural wobble but supposedly over millions of years to move just a couple minutes of arc.

Considering scientists have said some of the latest earthquakes changed the rotational speed of the earth, I can't see why the rotational axis versus the sun hasn't changed as well.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Aw, you're just jumping from one parallel universe to another and back again. ��
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Well that could be it but then you have to wonder if those little marks you make (stonehinged)
    transfer and are correct on "the other side."

be the heat..

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Lol....but it's a parallel universe, not a clone universe. If the Earth has a slightly different tilt in a parallel universe, then it may or may not have this little marks exactly the same.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

The slow change in the Earth's axis is called precession. The axis is pointing towards Polaris right now, but in 13,000 years it will be pointing towards Vega, then 13,000 years after that, it will be pointing back to Polaris. So, Earth's complete precession cycle is 26,000 years.

However, the rotation of the earth is what causes sunrise and sunset, and that only changes a few nano-seconds every day. Even in 100 years, the Earth has slowed down about 200-300 nanoseconds.

Since the Devonian Time Period, the Earth's daylight hours have increased from 22.6 hrs. to 24 hrs. today. That's an increase of 1.4 hours in a time period of 252,000,000 years.

I doubt, during the lifetime of a human, anyone would notice any change in either the precession, or daylight hours.

So, if anyone senses a difference in the length of a day, there has to be another reason they're seeing it. It's not scientific.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

So what you are saying is what I NOTICED, LOOKED AT AND OBSERVED IS NOT HAPPENING. K
    I planted a Silver Maple 22 years ago. I have watched it grow over that time and doing this I have basically
    stood in the same spot. And the Sun is setting NO WHERE near where it was a couple of years ago.

I guess I pay too much attention to things...

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    So what you are saying is what I NOTICED, LOOKED AT AND OBSERVED IS NOT HAPPENING. K
    I planted a Silver Maple 22 years ago. I have watched it grow over that time and doing this I have basically
    stood in the same spot. And the Sun is setting NO WHERE near where it was a couple of years ago.

I guess I pay too much attention to things...
    If you can notice a slowdown in Earth's rotation, of about 45-50 nono-seconds, you've got far better eyes than I do. I'll have to start paying closer attention.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    If you can notice a slowdown in Earth's rotation, of about 45-50 nono-seconds, you've got far better eyes than I do. I'll have to start paying closer attention.
    He is not talking about rotational time, he is talking about the axis tilt. Rotation would be the same whether tilted zero degrees to the solar plane or 90 degrees. The tilt affects the location of the tropics of cancer and capricorn. Current tilt is 23.5 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    He is not talking about rotational time, he is talking about the axis tilt. Rotation would be the same whether tilted zero degrees to the solar plane or 90 degrees. The tilt affects the location of the tropics of cancer and capricorn. Current tilt is 23.5 degrees
    The axial tilt shouldn't change in relation to the plane of Earth's orbit. The only difference is going to be which star the axis is pointing to.

10,000 years from now, the tilt is still going to be 23.5 degrees from the perpendicular to the plane of Earth's orbit. The tilt can't change because there is no gravity "underneath" the earth to cause the axis to "fall" over(unlike a spinning top on Earth, which has it's axial tilt affected by Earth's gravity and friction with the surface the axis is touching).

The sun's positional change, on Earth, is more related to seasonal changes than anything else. For all intents and purposes, a slowing down of Earth's rotational speed, during a person's lifetime, is imperceptible, as is its axial alignment with the stars.

Both are imperceptible without exact astronomical measurements.

Freedom isn't free.

So the trees moved? K, I get it.

be the heat..

stood in the same spot.
    You need to get out more
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

WHAT? The 25 foot tree is out. Where does the sun rise at your home, where does it set?
    I know how many Chipmunks and Squirrels live in the back, have planted most of the trees
    back there and feed the birds. There are days when I spend hours out.

You be joshin right?

be the heat..

The only logical explanation is that the illuminati/lizard people dug it up and moved it while you were sleeping

WHAT? The 25 foot tree is out. Where does the sun rise at your home, where does it set?
    I know how many Chipmunks and Squirrels live in the back, have planted most of the trees
    back there and feed the birds. There are days when I spend hours out.

You be joshin right?
    Yeah I'm joshin
    I do have a large maple that I do the same thing with but from inside the house
    I haven't really tried what you're talking about just kind of generalize when shortest day comes

My house sits on a direct magnetic N alignment meaning the Sun does set almost due W
    over the last few years but now that alignment is almost a WSW angle. Well I guess it could be
    the Sugar Plum Fairies and nano seconds working together.

On my side porch the Sun will move close to 6' with the transition from winter to summer.
    Sometimes there is not a whole lot to do here and I have to occupy myself with something.

Trump is coming to Atlanta for the National Championship game...Breaking news.
    Last edited by l921428x; 01-03-2018 at 04:03 PM.

be the heat..

Since we've been gaining about 2-3 minutes of day light since Dec. 22. From then to now, that's about 30 minutes more daylight. Could the changing daylight times be what you're observing? If you're observing about the same time each day, then the sun would appear in a slightly different position from each day.

p.s. You've got to watch those damned fairies. When they start playing with those nano-seconds, things start going nuts.

Freedom isn't free.

Yeah I think I noticed, But no I understand the changing day light, that is what brought my attention
    to this it was getting darker sooner by almost 15 minutes.

be the heat..

the Sun does set almost due W
    over the last few years but now that alignment is almost a WSW angle. Well I guess it could be
    the Sugar Plum Fairies and nano seconds working together.
    or maybe

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    or maybe

[IMG][/IMG]
    Ahhh, mystery solved.

Freedom isn't free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast