Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 random firearm pic thread.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

It's because they're a New Jersey company and they want to virtue signal that their guns are absolutely not for self defense.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Last edited by rci2950; 02-13-2018 at 06:38 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Is that the SSG ... if so, what model?

I love that serial number ... having the caliber in the sn!

I had a 69, it seems like a couple decades ago, it was a sweet shooter but I made the mistake (as I often do) of taking it to a gunshow and putting an "I don't want to sell it price" on it ... and someone would buy it.
    Last edited by kimberkid; 02-13-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

it's their newer pro hunter. it's a nice light rifle that has the best out of the box trigger I have ever experienced. you just have to breath on it.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

My replacement to the P22

GSG Firefly. An exact copy of the Sig Mosquito.

The Walther P22 is just too small even for my "little girl" hands. The GSG is a full size pistol in .22

BISHOP

Bishop - I have a question about the can on that Firefly.
    Using high velocity ammo like Minimags, how load is it when compared to subsonic ammo?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

I haven't used minimags in it. Using the pistol as seen, I have used CCI Subsonic and regular Winchester (white box of 555 from Walmart, Golden bullet, hollow point) and didn't notice a difference.
    Its completely hearing safe and sounds slightly louder than an airgun. Most of the time the bullet hitting the target is louder than taking the shot.

BISHOP

I've had a couple different brands of subsonic 22's that wouldn't work in a semi, with or without a suppressor ... sub's really shine in bolt rifles. You hear the hammer strike and the gong dings

Thanks Bishop.
    IIRC, the Winchester bulk stuff (222, 333, 555) is "high velocity" similar to the Minimags. If you're hearing about the same volume from the subsonics and the Winchesters leads me to believe that your can can handle the regular high velocity easily. I'd love to hear what you think of the sound of the subs compared to a hyper-velocity round like the old Stingers (Rem.??)
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

i have some of that cci 710FPS Low noise stuff I use in my pistol and rifle with a can.

stupid stupid quiet.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Thanks Bishop.
    IIRC, the Winchester bulk stuff (222, 333, 555) is "high velocity" similar to the Minimags. If you're hearing about the same volume from the subsonics and the Winchesters leads me to believe that your can can handle the regular high velocity easily. I'd love to hear what you think of the sound of the subs compared to a hyper-velocity round like the old Stingers (Rem.??)
    The hyper-velocity round like mini-mags and the old Stingers, are still hearing safe with a can but you still hear the sonic crack down range.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

HK45 Compact Tactical V1. DA/SA with manual safety and decocker (can be cocked and locked) and suppressor height sights with tritium front and blacked out elevation-adjustable serrated rear u-notch.

Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 03-27-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12