Thread: What Say Ye?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Lightbulb What Say Ye?

Just came across this on Gunbroker: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/740835169

I would love to have one of these but I'll have to pass on the price tag. I recall seeing one of these about 10 yrs ago in a shop by me. I think they were asking about $1300 then & I thought that was crazy. Supply & demand I guess.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

I had a Full stock PolyTech like that I bought used in the late 90's. I stripped it down and had a company convert it to a Krinkov (even changed the caliber to 5.45.
    Later I took the rest of the parts and built my own with folding stock just like what you see.

The reason for taking a whole rifle and not just a new receiver was because it was during the ban and I wanted to keep it preban.

I wouldn't spend that much on a semi auto AK.
    Think of the high-end rifle that you could buy for that money

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    Think of the high-end rifle that you could buy for that money
    BISHOP
    Yep. At this point in time if I was going to spend $$$ like that I would probably opt for a nice M14/M1A1 clone.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    It is mind blowing what a federal ban on an constitutionally legal device has drive prices into crazy-land. With a fixed supply and a wildly growing hobby, what sat on the dealer's shelves in the late 1980s and early 1990s at a price of $250 plus or minus a couple are now into the "yougoddabekidding" range. Who would have predicted a near $1000 MAK-90? Now I wish I bought every $500 one I laughed at way back when not too long ago.

Double folders both Poly Tech and non, and Poly Tech Legends have gotten really crazy lately and if a few years will we be kicking ourselves at not buying them at these crazy prices?

Funny, just last night I was discussing this with a friend and I wondered if one day the bubble will burst, but figure with a fixed number in the land of shall not be infringed, and the freeze on Chinese AK imports not likely to go away, how high can these go???

The PolyTech Legend came out when I was 16-17 and I wanted one so bad as it was top of the line in looks and quality. But like most things couldn't afford it. Now at 47 and have the money, I still can't afford that price unless It was to be just an investment. This one specifically. Unfired.
    I have 5 other AKs to shoot including a milled variety, I could afford $550. back in 2000 for a SLR100.

BISHOP

"This item has SOLD."

WOW!

BISHOP

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

A fool and his money are soon parted. If somebody paid that price they truly are a fool. You could build two to three AR rifles or get a Match grade M1A.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

If you're a collector with enough money than go for it. Otherwise build a facsimile using a Mak 90 and Chinese surplus parts.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"