Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dow plunges 666 points -- worst day since Brexit

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    He was a philosopher, not a materialist.

Philosophers have never concerned themselves much with attaining material wealth in this world.

Besides, didn't Jesus say it is easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven?
    Ahhh, so all the welfare recipients, homeless people, and baby-mommas are really modern-day philosophers? Interesting to know.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Some say vix shorting was the trigger, the sec thinks it was mr Bufet;
    After the worst financial collapse since the Great Depression, three officials from the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission visited Warren Buffett at his office in Omaha, Nebraska. They wanted to ask America’s most successful investor about his 24 million shares in the credit-rating agency Moody’s. The commission would later identify Moody’s and other rating agencies as “key enablers of the financial meltdown,” for granting super-safe triple-A ratings to securities that were backed by junk mortgages. Trillions of dollars’ worth of rotten financial instruments—the fuel of the crisis—“could not have been marketed and sold without [the rating agencies’] seal of approval,” the commission concluded.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...fetts-billions
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Ahhh, so all the welfare recipients, homeless people, and baby-mommas are really modern-day philosophers? Interesting to know.
    Just shows how mentally retarded these leftist are, they just don't get it, these short sided douches are the cause of the decline of our country.

NEW YORK (AP) — U.S. stocks are plunging toward their worst loss in six months on Wednesday as technology companies continue to take sharp losses. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 700 points in afternoon trading.

The losses were widespread as bond yields remained high after steep increases last week. Companies that have been the biggest winners on the market the last few years, including technology companies and retailers, suffered steep declines.

The S&P 500 index sank 73 points, or 2.5 percent, to 2,807 as of 3:30 p.m. Eastern time. It's on track for its fifth straight drop, which hasn't happened since right before the 2016 presidential election. Nasdaq composite, which has a high concentration of technology stocks, tumbled 244 points, or 3.2 percent, to 7,495. It's fallen 6.3 percent over the last five days.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average gave up 738 points, or 2.8 percent, to 25,686. The Russell 2000 index of smaller-company stocks shed 37 points, or 2.3 percent, to 1,584.
    https://kcby.com/news/nation-world/d...han-500-points

Is this the October Surprise we've all been waiting for?
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Dow drops nearly 550 points, sending its two-day loss total to nearly 1,400 points

After the Dow dropped 832 points Wednesday, one of the worst sell-offs since February, President Trump strongly criticized the Fed for tightening rates, again signaling that he wanted interest rates to remain low.

“The Fed is making a mistake. They’re so tight. I think the Fed has gone crazy,” he told reporters while traveling in Pennsylvania on Wednesday. “It’s a correction that we’ve been waiting for, for a long time. But I really disagree with what the Fed is doing, okay?”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.5158750809f0

The Federal Reserve -- trying to fuck over Republicans ahead of the midterm elections by raising rates and tanking the economy?
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Ron Paul warned us about the Fed.

Seems now the chickens are coming home to roost.

Trump is the master of bankruptcy. I expect him to refute the debt and issue US notes that bear no debt if the fed makes it too obvious that they're intrinsically against the best interests of Americans. The fed was foisted on the American people as the cure for financial issues, but they are the cause.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

"I'm a "True American" in every way and I have ZERO faith in our government. "

Well, not the government per se but rather some of the people in government.

This is one of the best reads I've ever seen at what happened to Germany just before hitler took power;

Let’s take a different tack. To understand the incomprehensible scope of the German inflation maybe it’s best to start with something basic….like a loaf of bread. (To keep things simple we’ll substitute dollars and cents in place of marks and pfennigs. You’ll get the picture.) In the middle of 1914, just before the war, a one pound loaf of bread cost 13 cents. Two years later it was 19 cents. Two years more and it sold for 22 cents. By 1919 it was 26 cents. Now the fun begins.

In 1920, a loaf of bread soared to $1.20, and then in 1921 it hit $1.35. By the middle of 1922 it was $3.50. At the start of 1923 it rocketed to $700 a loaf. Five months later a loaf went for $1200. By September it was $2 million. A month later it was $670 million (wide spread rioting broke out). The next month it hit $3 billion. By mid month it was $100 billion. Then it all collapsed.
    https://kingworldnews.com/art-cashin...igger-problem/
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 10-11-2018 at 05:44 PM.

That is "hyperinflation". You can see that happening in Venezuela now.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    The only Americans who have lost faith in our government are the Leftist Liberal Dimocrats who are doing their best to destroy it.

True Americans have not lost any faith in our government.

I consider myself to be a "True American" and a good American. I am an American citizen, I would do anything that I could to defend my Country (whatever an old fart of 61 COULD do anyway...) I own guns for the fun of shooting and for personal protection and because I WANT TO. I don't lie, cheat or steal. I don't cheat on my wife. I do swear a lot, but so what? They're only words.

My dad spanked my ass when I deserved it. I hated it then, but now I know why he did it and I am eternally grateful to him for doing so. He made me a better person than I might have been otherwise.

I think we have the best President since Ronald Reagan (thank GOD not the Wicked Witch of the East!). I don't quite understand where Trump's mind is at concerning certain things, but I do think that, all in all, he has America's best interests at heart.

It makes me sick to death to see the drooling, rabid and insane libtards devote their every waking moment to trying to destroy him (maybe because he's a white guy?). Who knows.

Yet, I have ZERO faith in the "government". 99.9% of the politicians are crooked, corrupt and plain old liars. Any government (or gov. agency) that can let shit like Hillary slide out free and clear or let the "Friends of Bill" murders go unpunished does not deserve (nor does it get) ANY "faith" or respect from me.

Cops. I've met a few good ones, but the majority are power hungry military wannabe's (which, by itself is understandable since they are not held responsible for what they do). They always say "it's just a bad apple". Well then, dammit, remove the bad apple from the bowl or else the whole bowl will rot. Cops... you want "respect" from us lowly citizens? Get off your ivory towers, treat people like people, keep your OWN house clean and, magically, all this hostility may just go away.

Can ya dig it? I knew that ya could.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Yep, and they are painful as hell.

I can't imagine being in excruciating pain all the time like that. That would definitely affect quality of life.

No one should have to suffer, being in pain all the time... I hope you are able to get help for your own issues as well, my friend.

So may we all.

A "boil"... "excruciating pain"?

Sir, until you've had large area third degree burns and skin grafts, you do not have an inkling of what "excruciating pain" is.

Even with heavy dosages of morphine and dilaudid.. so heavy that they had me on a respiration monitor so I wouldn't stop breathing when I fell asleep... the pain was still 98% there.

24x7 pain. All day, all night... even in dreams (not to mention the psychotic crazy dreams I had due to the pain meds).

You know those doofy hospital cartoons that show a smiley face progress to a sad face with a range from 1 to 10?

Well, extend the "10" end out to maybe 10,000 and that's where "burns" are.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    "I'm a "True American" in every way and I have ZERO faith in our government. "

Well, not the government per se but rather some of the people in government.

This is one of the best reads I've ever seen at what happened to Germany just before hitler took power;

Let’s take a different tack. To understand the incomprehensible scope of the German inflation maybe it’s best to start with something basic….like a loaf of bread. (To keep things simple we’ll substitute dollars and cents in place of marks and pfennigs. You’ll get the picture.) In the middle of 1914, just before the war, a one pound loaf of bread cost 13 cents. Two years later it was 19 cents. Two years more and it sold for 22 cents. By 1919 it was 26 cents. Now the fun begins.

In 1920, a loaf of bread soared to $1.20, and then in 1921 it hit $1.35. By the middle of 1922 it was $3.50. At the start of 1923 it rocketed to $700 a loaf. Five months later a loaf went for $1200. By September it was $2 million. A month later it was $670 million (wide spread rioting broke out). The next month it hit $3 billion. By mid month it was $100 billion. Then it all collapsed.
    https://kingworldnews.com/art-cashin...igger-problem/

(Hausfrau using money for fuel)

Deutschmarks were worth more as fuel to heat and cook with.

1922 - A FIVE BILLION MARK note!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Worked good for me, I was short DIG because the market just doesn't go up forever. Fact of life LAGC, Jesus, you're quite the America Hater aren't you?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Maybe I'm missing something, Don't remember you complaining about the Muslim illegal president doubling the debt from 10 trillion to 20 trillion in his 2 terms? Did I miss that?

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, Don't remember you complaining about the Muslim illegal president doubling the debt from 10 trillion to 20 trillion in his 2 terms? Did I miss that?
    That's odd, because I thought Congress held the purse-strings? Or are you claiming Trump is responsible for the current 17% jump in deficit spending over the past year?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/15/econo...cit/index.html

Republicans have been in control of the House since 2010. All budgets since then have passed on their watch.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Republicans have been in control of the House since 2010. All budgets since then have passed on their watch.
    Which is something that didn't happen under the Democrats. An actually passed budget. It is easy to point out how bad someone is at their job when you refused to do it when it was your job.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Which is something that didn't happen under the Democrats. An actually passed budget. It is easy to point out how bad someone is at their job when you refused to do it when it was your job.
    Kind of odd to call it a budget when you're spending like drunken sailors and running nearly a trillion dollars into the red each year.

I thought the GOP was supposed to be the fiscally-responsible party? Instead, they're just as bad as the Democrats!

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Sounds like something a NPC would say.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast