Thread: Exclusive poll: GOP turns on FBI

Arrow Exclusive poll: GOP turns on FBI

President Trump's hammering on the FBI — and green-lighting yesterday of the Russia memo's release over Bureau objections — is having a profound effect:

A SurveyMonkey poll for Axios finds that not even 40% of Republicans approve of America's main federal law enforcement agency — a stunning turn for the law-and-order party.

Why it matters: Trump, who earlier turned a huge swath of Republicans toward more favorable opinions of Russia, has now turned his party against his own FBI.

The numbers: FBI approval in the SurveyMonkey Poll, taken over the past two days, is 64% among Democrats and just 38% among Republicans. Unfavorable opinion of the FBI: 47% in the GOP; 14% among Ds.

As you see below, overall opinion of the FBI fell over the past year in the two polls we compared, likely driven entirely by falling approval from Rs.
    https://www.axios.com/gop-turns-on-f...67bd3a625.html

Faith in our law enforcement institutions, crumbling...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Funny the craps were all like LEO's are all racist murdering thugs, now all of a sudden they love leo's. Give us a break LAGC, This is worse than watergate, the heads of the DOJ, FBI and probably Obama's whitehouse actively tried to thwart an election by the people. Fact's you simply can't deny can you at this point?

Facts? It can be the exact same 15 words in a situation if it benefits the dems it is fact, if it doesn't well you can forget that ever being considered as real.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Your title is incorrect.....
    The GOP did not turn on the FBI. The FBI and DOJ leadership turned on the US government.

The FBI and DOJ are no where mentioned in the Constitution, not even as a "Penumbra of a emanation".
    Both are total creations of the congress and the congress is tasked with overseeing them.
    Both seem to have come to believe that the congress and government as a whole answers to them.
    In other words, the FBI and DOJ have gone into business for themselves.

One report I heard was that Rosenstein? told several GOP congressmen that if they released the memo he'd subpoena their emails and go after them.
    This is a bald threat that undermines a free Republic.

It's time to clean house. Not of the street agents, but of the upper management of bureaucrats who wear badges.

I'm totally with you, my friend. The FBI has been out of control for quite some time.

It's just incredible that it took someone like Trump coming along to get Republicans to start questioning the Bureau... historically, since the FBI's very beginnings, it has been the left who were most critical and calling out FBI abuses of power.

Interesting seeing the shoe on the other foot lately...

Hopefully some good comes out of this, and FISA powers get scaled back, or at least more checks and balances get put into place to oversee those 'secret' courts...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Interesting use of some factual things and some that were re-written by the left.

Let me ask a question that was asked 70 years before. "Were there Communist in the State Department?"

McCarthy experienced a meteoric rise in national profile on February 9, 1950, when he gave a Lincoln Day speech to the Republican Women's Club of Wheeling, West Virginia. His words in the speech are a matter of some debate, as no audio recording was saved. However, it is generally agreed that he produced a piece of paper that he claimed contained a list of known Communists working for the State Department. McCarthy is usually quoted to have said: "The State Department is infested with communists. I have here in my hand a list of 205—a list of names that were made known to the Secretary of State as being members of the Communist Party and who nevertheless are still working and shaping policy in the State Department."[48][49]

There is some dispute about whether or not McCarthy actually gave the number of people on the list as being "205" or "57". In a later telegram to President Truman, and when entering the speech into the Congressional Record, he used the number 57.[50] The origin of the number 205 can be traced: in later debates on the Senate floor, McCarthy referred to a 1946 letter that then–Secretary of State James Byrnes sent to Congressman Adolph J. Sabath. In that letter, Byrnes said State Department security investigations had resulted in "recommendation against permanent employment" for 284 persons, and that 79 of these had been removed from their jobs; this left 205 still on the State Department's payroll. In fact, by the time of McCarthy's speech only about 65 of the employees mentioned in the Byrnes letter were still with the State Department, and all of these had undergone further security checks.[51]

At the time of McCarthy's speech, communism was a significant concern in the United States. This concern was exacerbated by the actions of the Soviet Union in Eastern Europe, the victory of the communists in the Chinese Civil War, the Soviets' development of a nuclear weapon the year before, and by the contemporary controversy surrounding Alger Hiss and the confession of Soviet spy Klaus Fuchs. With this background and due to the sensational nature of McCarthy's charge against the State Department, the Wheeling speech soon attracted a flood of press interest in McCarthy's claim.

I know the story goes on but I also know the G men were running the joint. Sure there is all kinds of conflicts in this But hoover didn't really back anyone and hollywood
    told some of the best scripts ever written in that fantasy land.

be the heat..

Ninety-five percent of the donations over $200 that were made by federal employees went to Hillary Clinton in 2016. It was 99 percent at the State Department. That’s not an apolitical civil service. That’s a civil service that has its own interests in growing government. We’re talking about millions of people who make decisions for the American people, where the voters have absolutely no say over whether they stay or go,” said Stepman
    Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2018/02/trumps-sh...ISG9wRje2la.99

be the heat..

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Not just the Democrats, wasn't it originally the Marco Rubio campaign that funded oppo research that culminated in that dossier that was used to surveil Carter Page?

From that same Fusion GPS effort that dug up dirt on Ted Cruz:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...arch-ted-cruz/

It wasn't just the Democrats, it was the Establishment GOP working to undermine Trump from the get-go as well.

As I recall, all Comey testified to was that it wasn't Obama who ordered the wiretaps. I suppose that is true -- it wasn't Obama, it was Fusion GPS who got the ball rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    https://www.axios.com/gop-turns-on-f...67bd3a625.html

Faith in our law enforcement institutions, crumbling...

I have not had any "faith" in "law enforcement" for decades. The FBI I used to think was better. I guess I was wrong (although they DID help to derail Hitlery - thank GOD!).
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by dfariswheel View Post
    Your title is incorrect.....
    The GOP did not turn on the FBI. The FBI and DOJ leadership turned on the US government.

The FBI and DOJ are no where mentioned in the Constitution, not even as a "Penumbra of a emanation".
    Both are total creations of the congress and the congress is tasked with overseeing them.
    Both seem to have come to believe that the congress and government as a whole answers to them.
    In other words, the FBI and DOJ have gone into business for themselves.

One report I heard was that Rosenstein? told several GOP congressmen that if they released the memo he'd subpoena their emails and go after them.
    This is a bald threat that undermines a free Republic.

It's time to clean house. Not of the street agents, but of the upper management of bureaucrats who wear badges.
    THANK YOU for stating it correctly. I get so sick of hearing news people and politicians talk about "our Democracy". The USA is NOT a democracy, it's a Constitutional Republic.

True "democracy" is simply mob rule.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    THANK YOU for stating it correctly. I get so sick of hearing news people and politicians talk about "our Democracy". The USA is NOT a democracy, it's a Constitutional Republic.

True "democracy" is simply mob rule.

Which is their ultimate goal......with them controlling the mob of course.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???