Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Well I pulled the trigger... Ordered a Stag complete upper.

  1. #1
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    4,396

    Well I pulled the trigger... Ordered a Stag complete upper.

    Hopefully i didn't make a mistake. The specs sound good. Only downside it takes 3 weeks to be sent out. I guess they make to order? Anyway this upper came in way under the price i would have paid here for just house brand parts from True North Arms. And i avoided having to put it together. Even the bolt was $50 cheaper then getting it on this side of the border. anyhow I'm under budget. All i need now is a collapsable stock and a charging handle. I forgot to add a charging handle when i ordered.

    https://www.stagarms.com/stag-15-m4-...uctSpecsDetail

    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

  2. #2
    Senior Member NAPOTS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    2,840
    Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Hopefully i didn't make a mistake. The specs sound good. Only downside it takes 3 weeks to be sent out. I guess they make to order? Anyway this upper came in way under the price i would have paid here for just house brand parts from True North Arms. And i avoided having to put it together. Even the bolt was $50 cheaper then getting it on this side of the border. anyhow I'm under budget. All i need now is a collapsable stock and a charging handle. I forgot to add a charging handle when i ordered.

    https://www.stagarms.com/stag-15-m4-...uctSpecsDetail

    Are there any hoops you need to jump through to own one of these up there like permits licensing approval etc? You are still stuck with 5 Rd mags right?

  3. #3
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    4,396
    Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Are there any hoops you need to jump through to own one of these up there like permits licensing approval etc? You are still stuck with 5 Rd mags right?
    yes it's treated the same as a pistol up here. so special license and only allowed to take it to gun club, gun Smith whenever I want or where ever the RCMP gives me permission to take it. we are allowed LAR 10 shot mags and 30 round mags that have a rivit blocking the follower at 5 rounds.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

  4. #4
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    4,396
    only hoop really is that I need to register it... but really I don't care about that. their system is so screwed up they probably forgot half the guns out there.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

  5. #5
    Senior Member NAPOTS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    2,840
    Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    only hoop really is that I need to register it... but really I don't care about that. their system is so screwed up they probably forgot half the guns out there.

    No to drag you too far off topic, I think you'll like the rifle. Whats a lar 10 round mag? How hard to get the special license? So no handgun hunting up there? Can't carry a 44 mag backup in grizzly country? Sounds like you are freer than us stuck in California

  6. #6
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    4,396
    Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    No to drag you too far off topic, I think you'll like the rifle. Whats a lar 10 round mag? How hard to get the special license? So no handgun hunting up there? Can't carry a 44 mag backup in grizzly country? Sounds like you are freer than us stuck in California
    You can take a hand gun in grizzly country. You just have to get permission from the RCMP first. Trappers also have special license to carry handguns. But just plain old deer hunting with a hand gun is not allowed. The license to own handguns is pretty simple. You have to sit through a two day course and pass a written and practical exam to prove you aren't a retard and you also have to pass a federal background check. Just one background check when you get the license. Not every time you buy a gun. I actually agree with the system we have as much as that is going to trigger some of you. Regular hunting rifles and shotguns are not restricted and aren't registered. Stuff like the VZ58, Chinese Type 81 and type 97, Tavor, SKS etc are classed as hunting rifles. The AR15 is the only one that falls under the handgun category.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

  7. #7
    Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Whitopia
    Posts
    11,135
    I highly recommend the Geissele Super Charging handle. It's about 10 times better than the mil-spec. Really improves the ergonomics.

    I got it on sale before seeing any reviews and was really blown away by how much it improved the handling of the weapon.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSjSneSaLzI
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

  8. #8
    Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Whitopia
    Posts
    11,135
    Also check out this new non-restricted AR-180 modernized clone for the Canadian market: https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...e-Stock-Black-

    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

  9. #9
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    4,396
    yea those are pretty cool. the restricted one suits my needs for now I won't be hunting with it and my friend has his own private range. so whenever I want to shoot I just go there. easy. so basically the restricted thing doesn't even matter for what I plan on doing with it.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

  10. #10
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    4,396
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I highly recommend the Geissele Super Charging handle.
    I may look into that. I just picked up a colt brand one for $20 local. So when i start to customize i may just do that.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

  11. #11
    Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    East of Atlanta GA
    Posts
    14,925
    I rather like the BCM ambi charging handle or one of their extended ones.

  12. #12
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wreckless driving on dirty back roads
    Posts
    8,959
    Seems high in price. But you are paying for name and you are in NS.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

    In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

  13. #13
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    4,396
    Funny thing happened I have all the parts for this rifle but no take down pins I stupidly assumed they would be in the lower parts kit. now I'm on a quest for a pair of those none of the local shops have them. *eyeroll*

    edit: nevermind they are in it. I thought they were longer then they are.
    Last edited by rci2950; 02-13-2018 at 10:17 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •