Thread: Another S&W joins the family

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up Another S&W joins the family

Stopped in a LGS yesterday and found a Model 38, blued, correct/matching high horn stocks, right around 98% on finish. It locks up perfect and like most of these was probably carried very little and fired even less. I'm placing it's DOB as 1959.

I've got a LNIB M38 from 1962 that's just too nice to carry and my M49 works great but the M38 is so much lighter. I got this one for $498 + tax. Given its age and condition I'm ok with the price even though it's gun only and no box, etc.

Bad news is the BGC got delayed and didn't come back before closing so will be tomorrow, Monday before I can pick it up.

I really like these little humpback revolvers. Only five shots but add a Tyler T-Grip, my preference and slip one in a pocket for a quick run to the store or an ankle holster as a BUG. I carried my M49 in a Cozy Partner ankle rig for probably 4 years. Perfect comfort, no one at work ever knew it was there. Riding a desk it was perfect. No need to keep a jacket on and nothing on the waist catching on chair arms, etc., and accessing when seating is very fast.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Haha date of birth. Sounds like your adopting kids. post pictures when you get it. Sounds beautiful.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I was actually hoping it was going to be a birth year gun, 1960 same as me. One close to it shipped 7/59 so I'm figuring mine did to.

Not sure about other collectors but with S&W and Colt were always looking for the Born on Date or Date of Birth. Guess we could just use Date of Manufacture but we don't.

They're all my children.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell