Thread: Dad back in the Hospital.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Unhappy Dad back in the Hospital.

My Dad went back into the Hospital last Thursday for the Flu. He is 88 and has Dementia. He was getting better this past weekend, I had thought he would go to P.T. plus they moved him into a Room, and then last Night he got Pneumonia, and Congested Heart Failure, as well. I am not sure if this is the time, I hope I have my Father a little longer, but this week will decide that outcome. I have been lucky to have my Dad this long. Those of you who have gone through this understand. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Hug him.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Not a pleasant road to travel
    Make the most of your time no matter the outcome
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Sorry to hear of your Father's worsening health.

Going back over this Morning at 10am. I am lucky my little Sister, is a Nurse. She has helped out a lot. Thank you for all your kind Regards, and Words. I cannot get my Younger Brother to get down here yet. hopefully soon. he is in Summerville, S.C. We still are at the point where it could go either way, I call this my Hell Week. There is a famous Saying about Fathers. Sometimes the greatest Man you ever know, is the First one you meet! For myself, I can more than say that is True! Paul
    Last edited by Hobe Sound AK; 02-13-2018 at 07:52 AM.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

I hope he is doing better this morning.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Sorry to hear this. I know it is hard.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Sorry to hear that, Bro. I also have an aging dad with health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    I hope he is doing better this morning.
    Thank you all and you too RCI yes he was better this Morning. He was awake, and in the Chair, and eating, and my Mom read the Paper to him. His Blood pressure has come down to the 170s, and some of the Fluid in his Lungs has Drained. but He is not out of the Woods yet, still a ways to go. All I can do is hope for the best. Paul

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    You have my prayers my friend.

I lost my father almost exactly 7 years ago. He was a few days from his 87th birthday, and I felt so blessed that he was in great health until the last 6 months or so when he started experiencing congestive heart failure which he eventually succumbed to.

I can't imagine having to watch a loved one slowly lose to dementia and everything that goes with it. Again, my prayers for your strength in your time of need.

Prayers to you and your pop, I've traveled this road to many times this past 4 1/2 years.

Enjoy the time he has left.

Good luck Hobe. There is only so much you can do now so, as l921428x said, "hug him", let him know you are there for him, even if he doesn't always know who you are, hug you mother too as this isn't any easier on her, and pray that, if He decides this is your father's time, that it be a painless and peaceful passing.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

It's tough, but I like to think that my relatives are in heaven and I'll see them again soon. So sorry.

Perhaps a Devine Wind, is blowing my Way? My Dad has improved, He sits in the Chair next to the Bed in ICU, he is Eating ok, the Fluid in his Lungs is better, the only thing that is keeping him in ICU is his Blood Pleasure. They give him a special Med. in the ICU to keep his BP down, but he must keep it down, When they get that down, and it stays down, he can go back to a Room and Start his P.T.

That sounds good.

Kamikaze..

be the heat..

Well he finally got out of MICU, and into a Room, now comes the P.T. before he can go back home. I am so very glad as 1 Week, ago, I thought it might be his last few Days. Thank you for the kind replies, and Words. Paul

Nice to hear some good news
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Yes good news indeed.

be the heat..

Unhappy

Looks like I was wrong again! Sadly on Tuesday Night my Dad had a Heart tack, And as he is 88, He cannot go on Kidney Dialysis. My Mom and Sister who is a Nurse, is working on trying to get him into a Hopkis for his final Days. It is only a matter of Time till His Kidneys fail. I am going to loose my Dad I had so hoped he had dodged a Bullet again. but it was not to be. We are trying to get my Younger Brother Roger down from S.C. while there is still time. This all started with my Dad catching the Flu 2 Week ago, How fast he has fallen. I thank you all again for your kind replies. I guess I was hoping too hard, this time. my Devine Wind was not strong enough. Paul

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

It is always sad when a loved one passes. My own father died of a heart attack when he was 61 years and 8 months old. Once a person goes into a Hospice they can have pretty much anything they want for pain if that is a problem. They try and make them as comfortable as possible.