Thread: Help With Scope Type

Question Help With Scope Type

Did a search and just can't remember what the technical name of this type of scope "view" is. The reticle is composed of three "arrows" pointing at the middle. Threre's a post with a tip (like a spear) pointing up and to the middle, and two of the the exact types of post with tip come at it from the right and left. The "arrows" or spear tips all point to the middle and that's where you acquire the target.

Sorry for my dumbass description but it's the best I can do. If you saw the special on Snipers the other night, it was the scope used by the Viet Cong sniper codenamed "Cobra"; he was after Hathcock, who killed him. I also believe that it's the original type of scope setup used by the Russians on their Mosin sniper rifles.

Also, if you can figure out what I'm talking about, can you suggest a website that sells this type of scope configuration? I know that crosshairs are probably more accurate - or even a dot scope for that matter, but I looked through one years ago and I thought they were pretty cool.

Thanks for your patience!

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Is this the picture you're trying to describe?

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Steve,

Exactly - nice job "translating" my poor description; I notice now that the two horizontal lines don't even have a point to them.

Do you know what this type of scope OR reticle setup is called?

Thanks!

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

It's the Russian PU scope with German reticle.

http://www.snipercountry.com/Article...es_PUScope.asp

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.