Thread: Decided to pop that cherry

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up Decided to pop that cherry

Headed to the range tomorrow and decided to pop the cherry on one of my Colt Agents. I bought two of these, NIB a few years ago. They are the parkerized, snub nosed .38 Special revolvers with the under lug. They are identical except one has checkered wood stocks while the other has smooth stocks.

Was planning on keeping them NIB as I have other alloy frame snubbies I can shoot and or carry but those are all five shot and decided if I'm going to carry a small revolver it should be a 6 shot so the smooth stock Agent is going with me tomorrow.

IIRC I paid $1,000 for the pair. Unlike the snake guns or earlier Agents/DS I don't believe these have appreciated all that much. Even if they've doubled in value I could still get my money back from the one.

Anyway I'm planning on carrying this Agent or my snubby S&W Model 10-5 as a primary CCW this summer with the new to me S&W Model 38 as a backup. We'll see how she shoots tomorrow.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Ok then. Enjoy!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I'll be checking back to see what you report.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Looks like her cherry is safe for another day. It's raining and supposed to rain all day. May try and take a long lunch on Tuesday and hit the range.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell