Thread: California: ILLEGAL TO STOP A SCHOOL SHOOTING WITH A GUN!

California: ILLEGAL TO STOP A SCHOOL SHOOTING WITH A GUN!

I am speechless. Insanity reigns.

ARTICLE LINK

GUN CONTROL IDIOT, JERRY BROWN, SIGNS BILL MAKING IT ILLEGAL TO STOP A SCHOOL SHOOTING WITH A GUN

[California State Assembly Democrat] Kevin McCarty introduced his bill after five California school districts chose to allow teachers and/or staff with concealed carry permits to be armed on campus to defend themselves and their students.

The five districts were Kern High School District, Kingsburg Joint Union High School District, Folsom Cordova Unified School District, Anderson Union High School District, and Palo Cedro’s North Cow Creek School District.
    Breitbart News reported that McCarty justified his push to disarm teachers by saying, “A safe learning environment is essential for our children to be successful in the classroom. That’s not possible if a school district allows armed civilians to roam California school campuses.”

Brown also signed legislation expanding the list of persons banned from gun ownership in California. Newly prohibited persons include those found guilty of misdemeanor hate crimes.
    Can parents of (actual) victims sue this clown if his legislation causes more deaths?

For that matter, we should be suing the sick bastards that came up with "zero tolerance" policies (the true CAUSE of all these school shootings - the real ones at least).
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

I posted the same story on 02-19-2018. https://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.p...-in-California!

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    I posted the same story on 02-19-2018. https://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.p...-in-California!

Steve

I looked before I posted this and didn't see it.

I guess I should just delete this thread... no point in 2 of them.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

I don't know if California invented crazy, but they sure as hell has perfected it.

Hopefully the creation of the state of Jefferson takes care of this for the good people of the state.
    Last edited by NAPOTS; 02-25-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

So now it is illegal for the cops to shoot a school shooter! Yeah, they have perfected crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Hopefully the creation of the state of Jefferson takes care of this for the good people of the state.
    George Jefferson?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    George Jefferson?
    basically non bay area and Los Angeles area counties forming a new state. It will never happen but a man can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    So now it is illegal for the cops to shoot a school shooter! Yeah, they have perfected crazy.

Actually no. Active duty police officers are not prohibited.
    If any of US regular folks see our kids being shot up in a school, we run home get our gun and rush to meet the attacker(s) with deadly force, the police will arrest and charge us. Apparently saving human lives on 'school grounds' is not worth making legal.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post

Actually no. Active duty police officers are not prohibited.
    If any of US regular folks see our kids being shot up in a school, we run home get our gun and rush to meet the attacker(s) with deadly force, the police will arrest and charge us. Apparently saving human lives on 'school grounds' is not worth making legal.
    I'd happily exchange my freedom to save the lives of children. More so if it was my son's school.

Some people deserve all the evil that befalls them.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

As California goes so goes Colorado apparently

Why This Columbine Survivor Wants to End Gun-Free Zones
    https://stream.org/columbine-survivo...un-free-zones/
    Leading the charge is Colorado House Minority Leader Patrick Neville, who was a student at the high school in Columbine, Colorado, at the time of the 1999 shooting. He advocates that willing teachers have the ability to arm themselves and have concealed carry permits.
    Neville, a Republican, told The Daily Signal that he hopes to “end this crazy policy of gun-free zones that I think just invites criminals to do harm to our students.”
    Last week, however, the Colorado House rejected Neville’s proposal and similar bills in the wake of a gunman’s rampage Feb. 14 at a high school in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 dead.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Snopes says this is bullshit
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Snopes says this is bullshit
    Link?

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Snopes admits it's mostly true, just that the bill wasn't passed in response to this latest shooting, but rather signed into law back in October 2017:

https://www.snopes.com/jerry-brown-s...ning-teachers/

But they admit it's essentially true -- California does now no longer give an exception to teachers to their "Gun-Free School Zones" policy.

Since AB 424 went into effect on 1 January 2018, it has been illegal for anyone besides security guards, law enforcement officers, military personnel engaged in official duties, and armored vehicle guards to possess firearms on or near K-12 school grounds in California. The law does not apply to college campuses.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Snopes admits it's mostly true, just that the bill wasn't passed in response to this latest shooting, but rather signed into law back in October 2017:

But they admit it's essentially true -- California does now no longer give an exception to teachers to their "Gun-Free School Zones" policy.

Since AB 424 went into effect on 1 January 2018, it has been illegal for anyone besides security guards, law enforcement officers, military personnel engaged in official duties, and armored vehicle guards to possess firearms on or near K-12 school grounds in California. The law does not apply to college campuses.
    Like I said, Democrats want more dead children. Between their baby killing institutions and their gun free zones they want it. They want as many deaths as they can get to push the communist agenda of disarming the populace before they re-educate the Stalin way.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post

Nor does it apply to the mentally ill or criminals. They go armed wherever they want.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Some Day Arizona will become Ocean Front Property. When those fools slide into the Ocean. I only hold it stops at the Arizona State Line. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    Some Day Arizona will become Ocean Front Property. When those fools slide into the Ocean. I only hold it stops at the Arizona State Line. Paul
    Find the San Andreas Fault on a map. Everything west of it will slide north and become an island off the coast of Washington and Oregon (it won't slide into the ocean....sorry), and everything east of it will become oceanfront propterty. Of course, this will happen gradually and take a few million years.

So, for all intents and purposes, we're stuck with CA for a while yet....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Find the San Andreas Fault on a map. Everything west of it will slide north and become an island off the coast of Washington and Oregon (it won't slide into the ocean....sorry), and everything east of it will become oceanfront propterty. Of course, this will happen gradually and take a few million years.

So, for all intents and purposes, we're stuck with CA for a while yet....
    Didn't Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor in the 1978 "Superman" with Christopher Reeve have a good idea? Nuke the San Andreas and force the split.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”