Thread: H&K MK23

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question H&K MK23

Ran across a used one yesterday. Pistol with box and one mag priced at $1,999.00. It was filthy but not really any wear to speak of. I'm thinking the price is probably close to what these sold for new. No idea what used ones are going for but I'm thinking I'd be interested if it were in the $1,200 range.

Pretty impractical handgun but I could see it being a fun shooter and a nice edition to the collection as I don't have any H&K products. From what I've read these can be quite accurate and soft shooting. I kinda have those features with my CZ-97b so unless there is something I'm missing this gun would pretty much be a cool gun purchase only. Anyone have one?
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 02-25-2018 at 12:12 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

newp... passed on one and got a USP 45 tactical instead.

$2K is just about right for a used one, would i buy - nope.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

What is so great about these besides being made by hk?

Fnx 45 tactical? Much cheaper

i've always blamed the hype on this guy.

PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Found some on Gunbroker that didn't sell with BIN prices as low as $1,325 that were nicer or more complete. I may keep an eye on it for a month and see if the price drops. I'd probably offer them $1,200 but don't believe I'd go more than $1,350.00.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    What is so great about these besides being made by hk?

Fnx 45 tactical? Much cheaper
    I guess the military connection, H&K name, ruggedness and supposed to be very accurate. Seems like one reviewer was talking .5" groups at 25yds which I would consider damn good if you were using a Ransom Rest
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

I've had a few over the years, they always seemed to make their way to GunBroker when I was wanting something else I didn't have ready cash for, but I always seem to buy them to where I didn't lose anything on the sale ... Anyway I bought another a couple years ago when I was buying guns I either regretted selling or had passed on when I had the opportunity.

I like it, although its big, a handful. Very smooth and better trigger than the USP or the Tactical but not as nice as the USP Match ... For a short time I owned all 3 at the same time ... I sold the Match when prices got crazy after Tomb Raider came out.

It's not particularly heavy as its size would suggest, the long sight radius makes it easy to shoot ... The one thing I don't really care for is the reverse threads ... I'll have to look but I don't think I have a picture of it and the Tactical together on Postimage which is what I use since Photofuckit fucked everyone

The barrel weight makes the Tactical look longer than it is ... I'll try to get a better pic without the suppressor in the middle too ... But it won't be tonight!
    Last edited by kimberkid; 03-01-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    i've always blamed the hype on this guy.

That's why I want one.

I've been seeing them NIB for around 1,800 online. I snagged a HK45 Compact Tactical (threaded barrel and night sights) V1 (DA/SA w/manual safety) for less than 800 instead though. The DAO version is used by the Navy and called the Mk 24.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

One of the ones's I bought during the ban came with the soft case, had a light, red and UV laser (kinda looked like the one in the picture) and three 12 round mags, I picked up a fake suppressor from MFI because the case had a pocket for it and they weren't legal in KS at the time and it seems like I had some other stuff ... I think I got $3200