Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dems introduce bill banning assault weapons

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    There are several sources that have Trump saying forget due process. Pence tries to correct him and Trump repeats the comment again. This forgetting due process means that if you have a dispute with a neighbor, are involved in a divorce, someone doesn't like you...whatever , and that person makes a complaint the police will come and take your guns. Maybe you will get them back. Maybe not. Maybe you will be asked to provide a purchase receipt for each gun. Maybe you will just be killed when the police kick your door down in the middle of the night based on some anonymous phone call to the police. I cannot support or again vote for a President who says he will ignore due process with respect to confiscating people's firearms.

And no offense intended but your stand alone legislation comment is wrong. We need to do what the other side does and have our representative use whatever legislative tricks they can use, i.e., use the same techniques the liberals use. Why fight fair if you opponent is going to kick you in the balls? Just sayin...
    Rush said he believes that Trump was fixating on Cruz when he said that statement. Remember, Cruz had 69 complaints against him that were ignored by authorities. With that many complaints, it just might have been in the best interest to arrest him, take his guns, then put him before a judge to determine his competency. If found competent, then his guns are returned, if not, then he loses them.

However, anything like this is a very slippery slope and is open to rampant illegal seizures, depending on a whole lot of factors.

The problem is if you act like this and confine the person, the ACLU will scream that nothing happened as a result of his arrest, therefore his rights were violated and he committed no crime. This a "Catch 22" situation all the way....

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Either way, it's a no-win situation.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

If trump and the repubs fucks us on gun control I really have no reason to vote in 2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12