Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dicks sporting goods...avoid

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    So can American males wait until they are 21 to sign up for Selective Service?
    Exactly. I am willing to consider raising the age that you can buy a gun to 21, especially considering how many children are raised today to not be ready to handle real life when they reach 18. However, if we do this we need to consider what else they are not ready for, driving, moving out, marriage, military service, being responsible for their own health care, etc. This should not be looked at singularly as each of these things affects the whole and shows you are ready to live as an adult.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

So can American males wait until they are 21 to sign up for Selective Service?
    If they are not mature enough to buy a gun, why are we allowing them to vote and direct the policy of the US through their votes?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I've had a good few chuckles today, when I hear WOMEN who are pro gun getting all mad and blurting out 'FUCK DICKS!" and I reply with "You're SO RIGHT"....
    BWAHHHAAAA Perfect! Thanks I needed that laugh. Hearing Trump talk about a ban, makes me nervous as all hell. R's better stand up or bye bye, let the civil war begin when the craps and repugnants ban all semi auto's.(Or Full semi auto's as CNN and a pogue Lt. General say)

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

i say no to raising age to 21. as soon as that happens, young hunters and shooters will have a new bunch of headaches. some jerk ass leo will want to arrest a kid for having his deer rifle or clay shooters gun. as far as buying from prick's, they're isn't one near me. walley's sometimes has ammo at decent prices. i try to buy firearms through a wholesale dealer and send it to a local ffl.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Exactly. I am willing to consider raising the age that you can buy a gun to 21, especially considering how many children are raised today to not be ready to handle real life when they reach 18. However, if we do this we need to consider what else they are not ready for, driving, moving out, marriage, military service, being responsible for their own health care, etc. This should not be looked at singularly as each of these things affects the whole and shows you are ready to live as an adult.
    I agree, wholeheartedly, with what you said here. Don't forget to include voting.

We need to start a talking point using this information and get it out in the public. (I have an idea these HS kids will rethink their positions in a more adult fashion if this becomes a national issue....)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I doubt it will effect their bottom line. I mean how much of their sales involve firearms in general let alone AR's in particular? If someone asked me to name some gun stores here I wouldn't even have considered Dick's. Same with Walmart. I've bought ammo there lots of times but never a firearm. For me the two fall into the places that happen to sell guns which isn't the same as a gun store.
    It's sorra like the KMart issue years ago. Men would go in to look at guns, then actually purchase some car wash soap, socks, and maybe something from Coleman. Once the guns were gone, they quit giing in. If AR15 guys quit going into Dicks, they won't be buying their kayaks, clothes, lures, etc..

Unlike these mind numb dimwitted lefties if I don't like a business that shits on me I don't support them, I don't demand they cease to exist.

I support business's that have like minded views, simple as that.
    Last edited by blacksheep; 03-01-2018 at 08:35 PM.

drove past a field and stream today.... lot was damn near empty
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Lot of these business's just don't comprehend who their customer base is, Hint, it's not these whiney faggot liberals.

My guess is they're about to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    BWAHHHAAAA Perfect! Thanks I needed that laugh. Hearing Trump talk about a ban, makes me nervous as all hell. R's better stand up or bye bye, let the civil war begin when the craps and repugnants ban all semi auto's.(Or Full semi auto's as CNN and a pogue Lt. General say)
    Trump talks a lot of crap. I mean a LOT. He blurts out shit without thinking. He blurts out stuff that's stupid. At least OUR side is fair enough to recognize that he has diarrhea mouth. But he's not a dyed in the wool anti gun ideologue. Clinton was. To an extent Obama was anti gun with all his trash talk, but he wasn't nearly as dedicated to fuck over Gunowners like CLINTON was. Trump is a blabbermouth. I've learned to wait and see with him. But at least I KNOW he doesn't lie awake at night thinking and plotting how to take guns away, like pieces of shit like SCHUMER.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Trump talks a lot of crap. I mean a LOT. He blurts out shit without thinking. He blurts out stuff that's stupid. At least OUR side is fair enough to recognize that he has diarrhea mouth. But he's not a dyed in the wool anti gun ideologue. Clinton was. To an extent Obama was anti gun with all his trash talk, but he wasn't nearly as dedicated to fuck over Gunowners like CLINTON was. Trump is a blabbermouth. I've learned to wait and see with him. But at least I KNOW he doesn't lie awake at night thinking and plotting how to take guns away, like pieces of shit like SCHUMER.
    I get the feeling like trump also throws something out there that is off the wall or extreme to get people talking a discussion between sides that starts in the middle is boring.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Dick’s will destroy assault-style guns it yanked off shelves

https://nypost.com/2018/04/16/dicks-...d-off-shelves/

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    Dick’s will destroy assault-style guns it yanked off shelves

https://nypost.com/2018/04/16/dicks-...d-off-shelves/

Steve
    As long as they aren't allowed to write it off as a loss and have paid the their vendors for the product, who cares

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    It is a sickness, blaming an inanimate object for the actions of a human being. I am sure the world is a much safer place thanks to the Dick's destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    It is a sickness, blaming an inanimate object for the actions of a human being. I am sure the world is a much safer place thanks to the Dick's destruction.

Speaking of "safety", I can't imagine why this absurdity is invisible to the gun grabbers and the asshole NY governor Cuomo:

Deadly, baby killing "weapon of war" AR-15 fires 5.56x45 ammo at around 3200 fps.

NY "Safe" act compliant totally safe AR-15 fires 5.56x45 ammo at around 3200 fps.

I would not be caught dead holding one of those "compliant" atrocities.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Speaking of "safety", I can't imagine why this absurdity is invisible to the gun grabbers and the asshole NY governor Cuomo:

Deadly, baby killing "weapon of war" AR-15 fires 5.56x45 ammo at around 3200 fps.

NY "Safe" act compliant totally safe AR-15 fires 5.56x45 ammo at around 3200 fps.

I would not be caught dead holding one of those "compliant" atrocities.
    I don't know. It looks sort of neat in a Dr. Seuss kind of way....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

local field and stream has to be hurting. other day the lot was still pretty shabby .
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Fuck Dick's. I have local Palmetto State Armories I can shop (and shoot) at.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Apparently in an attempt to recover.

http://www.wnd.com/2018/05/dicks-spo...-on-gun-issue/

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Funny
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast