Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time machine

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Since you already covered the triple lock I'd go back to 2007 and buy a Gward like I SHOULD HAVE FUCKING DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    None. Never have been a wheel person.
    There are some advantages to wheel guns. The revolver certainly facilitates reloading, i.e., not tossing your brass into the mud mixed up with the brass from other people on the firing line. Secondly there is the matter of (for lack of a better term) pointability. I know when shooting with one hand a revolver will get on target quicker than a semi-auto handgun and is easier to point shoot. Then there is the matter of pocket carry. In the winter I carry a S&W 340 PD in a coat pocket. The theory is if a threat is perceived by hand is in my pocket holding the gun. Other than a Ruger LCP I don't know of any semi-auto handgun I would want in my pocket with a round in the chamber. Looking back at some of the legendary gun fighters such as FBI Special Agent Jelly Bryce I wonder if the pointability of the revolver enabled a level of fighting with a handgun that is missing today.

https://www.policeone.com/police-his...nfighter-ever/

another nice thing about revolvers is keeping one for HD I see a number of positives and that is why that while I own a number of autos, the revolver is in the night stand;

1. Loaded with .357 mag hollow points, there is no 9mm vs .45 acp debate to be had here in terms of stopping power, I has it.
    2. Ease of use under durress. It is loaded, plain and simple, 7 rounds ready to go. There is no safety, there is no question about waking up 2 in the morning with someone in the house wondering if I chambered a round at the last minute or if I had one in the pipe the whole time, its ready. This is an extra plus for the wife who is less familiar with firearms than I am. No complicated, hold this thing, pull this thing back, push this thing down, etc to explain to her, point at bad guy, pull trigger, repeat until threat is gone.
    3. long term reliability. My big concern with an auto is for one mag springs. my HD gun sits there loaded for years at a time without being shot. I have other similar guns for practice. If it was an auto that's a long time for a mag spring to stay fully compressed. not a consideration here.
    4. I know it is possible to jam a revolver but generally there is very low chance. No FTF/FTE, id like to see you stovepipe one. If for some reason you have a bad primer or light strike on a round you just pull the trigger again and you are good to go.

A revolver wouldn't be my choice at all for a service pistol, I don't carry but doubt I could choose a revolver. But for the reasons mentioned, it is definitely my choice for home defense and I do have plenty of other choices.

for capacity, I have 7 rounds, I could throw a speed loader in there with it if I wanted to. should be no problem to handle one or two guys. any more than that? you think you will get a jump on all three? four? at a certain point you are fucked because you cant shoot them all at the same time no matter how many bullets are in your gun.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I just remembered, as I read this thread, that back in about 1986 I bought a Colt Trooper (since I didn't think I would ever be able to afford the Python). I was young, in the Navy, and not really able to take it with me so while I was waiting for the waiting period to finish I canceled the sale. Every time I see a Colt Trooper now I kick myself for canceling the sale.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    another nice thing about revolvers is keeping one for HD I see a number of positives and that is why that while I own a number of autos, the revolver is in the night stand;

1. Loaded with .357 mag hollow points, there is no 9mm vs .45 acp debate to be had here in terms of stopping power, I has it.
    2. Ease of use under durress. It is loaded, plain and simple, 7 rounds ready to go. There is no safety, there is no question about waking up 2 in the morning with someone in the house wondering if I chambered a round at the last minute or if I had one in the pipe the whole time, its ready. This is an extra plus for the wife who is less familiar with firearms than I am. No complicated, hold this thing, pull this thing back, push this thing down, etc to explain to her, point at bad guy, pull trigger, repeat until threat is gone.
    3. long term reliability. My big concern with an auto is for one mag springs. my HD gun sits there loaded for years at a time without being shot. I have other similar guns for practice. If it was an auto that's a long time for a mag spring to stay fully compressed. not a consideration here.
    4. I know it is possible to jam a revolver but generally there is very low chance. No FTF/FTE, id like to see you stovepipe one. If for some reason you have a bad primer or light strike on a round you just pull the trigger again and you are good to go.

A revolver wouldn't be my choice at all for a service pistol, I don't carry but doubt I could choose a revolver. But for the reasons mentioned, it is definitely my choice for home defense and I do have plenty of other choices.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly on everything you said. I have a .44 revolver, .38 SPL. revolver, KSG shotgun (15 rnds.), .410 revolving shotgun (5 shots), and a .45/510 derringer all within reach of my bed. Don't even have to get out of bed to get to them.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    for capacity, I have 7 rounds, I could throw a speed loader in there with it if I wanted to. should be no problem to handle one or two guys. any more than that? you think you will get a jump on all three? four? at a certain point you are fucked because you cant shoot them all at the same time no matter how many bullets are in your gun.
    That's why I have two shotguns for HD. Kind of hard being on the business end no matter how many buddies are beside you. A shotgun will hit a lot of bad guys all at once. At least, it'll give them pause to reassess their original intent....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Every barre; length of S&W Model 27, 29 and 57 from smallest to longest barrel in blue and nickel. Every barrel length model of Python blued and nickle. Keep em all in the boxes NIB untouched then put them up on Gun Broker now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12