Thread: You guys watching the FEDERAL Assault Weapons ban push?

You guys watching the FEDERAL Assault Weapons ban push?

Normally I would not care, being in California, anything that would be outlawed is already outlawed here, but it looks like they're reaching for pretty much EVERYTHING semi automatic, including NON-black ugly guns. Believe it or not, the proposed new FEDERAL ban actually outlaws guns that even CALIFORNIA has not banned.

Thoughts? The media seems to think it's coming. I'm not so sure. There are TONS of pro gun states left (I Hope), and if the politicians pull a stunt like they did back in 1994, it will come back to bite them back hard.

The media NEVER mentions how the Democrats lost 44 seats in Congress in one fell swoop because of the Clinton Gun ban.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

If this is what you're talking about, then yes I'm watching!

https://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.p...ssault-weapons

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

I thought I read somewhere that dc would have and was ready to pass the bump stock ban and the dems slid in a
    change to add something like 200 firearms and this is the reason it failed.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    It was a democrat that stuck the machine gun ban into a bill that made interstate sales a lot easier. Unfortunately Reagan never read the bill until after he signed it and found the machine gun ban hidden inside. At least if true, the bums failed this time.

They are really pushing the advance of the coming battlefield. Learn the names and faces of the shit-stirrers in your backyard.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Things are changing and not for the good!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Pelosi submitted an AWB in 2013 which failed. Do you think the Dems will get it passed this time with Republicans controlling the Senate, House and White House?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

No! Mid term elections are coming and that would be Political suicide!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

I'm still wondering why this latest shooting is the one that is getting the ball rolling on all of these anti-gun proposals that are actually gaining steam. Either way, screw all these people trying to stomp on the Bill of Rights.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    I'm still wondering why this latest shooting is the one that is getting the ball rolling on all of these anti-gun proposals that are actually gaining steam. Either way, screw all these people trying to stomp on the Bill of Rights.
    That's easy. I don't recall student activism after other shootings. They went to the FL state house, got on TV, planning a match on D.C. later this month. The Dems have jumped on board to orchestrate, fund, etc.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

The Dims will never let a good tragedy go to waste, especially when it will further their agenda of disarming the American people. They've found usable puppets to easily control to get their message across. Add to this all the money coming in from Communist organizations all over the world, and they, now, have the puppets, the money, the Communist propaganda outlets, and all the traitorous, liberal politicians in place all at once. There is no way they're going to let this "coming together" of resources sit idle. They're making their move while the "iron is still hot."
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

mindless types for their knee-jerk masters, most are paid just to be there.

backlash on all this is probably going to be pretty big come november. Then the dems will blame it on crap like "voter suppression" .
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

People were wondering how a huge bill like patriot act could have been ready and waiting for 911.
    I'm sure it was all pure coincidence.

also;

Thomas Massie warning on gun control
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 03-10-2018 at 02:38 PM.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Wasn't the Patriot Act passed something like 6 weeks after 9/11?
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Pelosi submitted an AWB in 2013 which failed. Do you think the Dems will get it passed this time with Republicans controlling the Senate, House and White House?
    Democrat / Communists have been trying to neuter the Second Amendment for decades now. It won't happen as long as Trump is in the Oval office or another real Republican. Even if the Dems gain control I don't see it realistically happening unless something radical changes within our government.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

I don't see it realistically happening unless something radical changes within our government.

IE: some kind of catastrophic man made/natural disaster that they would take full advantage of.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Like mandatory mental health screening and the cdc being able to study gun control.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    IE: some kind of catastrophic man made/natural disaster that they would take full advantage of.
    Or orchestrate.....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    The Dims will never let a good tragedy go to waste, especially when it will further their agenda of disarming the American people. They've found usable puppets to easily control to get their message across. Add to this all the money coming in from Communist organizations all over the world, and they, now, have the puppets, the money, the Communist propaganda outlets, and all the traitorous, liberal politicians in place all at once. There is no way they're going to let this "coming together" of resources sit idle. They're making their move while the "iron is still hot."
    Well said!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”