Thread: Gun Owners of America Readies Lawsuit Against Trump’s Bump Stock Gun Control

Gun Owners of America Readies Lawsuit Against Trump’s Bump Stock Gun Control

Gun Owners of America is preparing to file a lawsuit once the Trump administration puts bump stock gun control in place.

On March 10, 2018, Breitbart News reported that the Department of Justice was finalizing its bump stock ban. It will center on a redefinition of the term “machine gun” in order to allow regulatory action against firearm accessories that do not convert semiautomatic firearms in automatics.

In other words, the term “machine gun” will cover machine guns and non-machine guns, conversion devices that turn semiautomatics into automatics as well as firearm accessories, like bump stocks, that do not.

On January 23, 2018, Breitbart News reported that former ATF Gun Tech Chief Rick Vasquez warned that re-working and re-defining terms to achieve a bump stock ban will lead to other bans. He explained that ATF was, at that time, handling the initial phase of formulating the ban. He told the Military Arms Channel the ban would be “a regulation with the strength of a law.” He said it will ban “any device that automatically resets a firearm and enhances the rate of fire,” and warned that such an approach would be “extremely broad.”
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...k-gun-control/
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Ah yes, I remember it well, define anything that helps a semi-auto fire more quickly as a machine gun. I guess the next step is to ban rubber bands!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I guess the next step is to ban rubber bands!
    Don't give the ATF any ideas.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I wonder what effect this ban would have on Gatling guns? For a while, one could order a .22 RF Gatling gun from a company that would scale down one from the original chambering. They weren't cheap, though.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Since there is already a definition of machine gun in law, and a bump stock does NOT fit the definition, just what law are they basing their new regulation on?
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Since there is already a definition of machine gun in law, and a bump stock does NOT fit the definition, just what law are they basing their new regulation on?
    I think they're trying to crate a new law to include these in with machine guns.... Based on this, if they do it similar to the machine gun law and if you already own one prior to the new law, and you register it, will it go up in price like the registered machine guns did?

If so, it might be a good investment proposition....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars