Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone getting a little worried about the Democrats retaking the House?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I am.

Quote Originally Posted by kuntryboy View Post
    not yet. its all up to the repubs to get off their asses, work at their jobs, and campaign for each other. some of them are the reason this is an issue. they need to be primaried out of office.
    Think about today. The Republican leadership has alienated much of their base including fiscal conservatives, right to lifers, and people who want control of our border. We had a total cave from Congress and a President who is starting to sound a little soft on the 2nd Amendment. Is there any reason to not think the Dims will take the house? Sure, let's work harder in the primaries, but as of today I think the Republicans are a dead party. I know it's depressing. I wish I could find a cause for optimism, but I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    NOPE AFTER TODAY I DO NOT GIVE A FUCK ANYMORE. I FUCKING QUIT i WILL NEVER VOTE AGAIN. I HAVE BEEN LIED TO FOR 30 FUCKING YEARS. WILL NOT
    HAPPEN AGAIN. FUCK THEM.
    Kind of how I feel. But my Congressman did vote against the budget so there is one politician I will vote for. Trump totally betrayed his base and betrayed his country today. Very sad and depressing.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Kind of how I feel. But my Congressman did vote against the budget so there is one politician I will vote for. Trump totally betrayed his base and betrayed his country today. Very sad and depressing.
    Mine did too, I was quite surprised but you know how that goes, you two guys can vote the way your conservative district wants, we have enough votes from the craps with their dream bill.

To date they've blocked the wall, allowed unhindered illegal immigration, blocked the transgender in military order, blocked the order to ban travel from terrorist nations, funded 0bamacare, planned parenthood, sanctuary cities, in the words of a great American politician, at this point, what difference does it make if the dems take it all?

So far, all we got is a tax cut and a trade war with the chicoms that was a long time coming.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The only chance we have is the primary elections, where we need new republican blood to be voted in and these spineless wimps that think they own the country sent home forever. Then in the national election get out in force and let them know they are being elected for one reason, to restore the United States back to what is was and is supposed to be, a government of the people, by the people and for the people.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    The only chance we have is the primary elections, where we need new republican blood to be voted in and these spineless wimps that think they own the country sent home forever. Then in the national election get out in force and let them know they are being elected for one reason, to restore the United States back to what is was and is supposed to be, a government of the people, by the people and for the people.
    Agreed. Start with the town dog catcher if you have to but a grass roots effort from the local level on up is what we need. The national elections at the primary level are important be we need a strong constitutional/conservative base to support and maintain it. That base is also were the candidates at the top need to come from.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Nice, but I'm guessing the war for dc is over, and will now be fought at the state level. Some states will pile on the dems and rinos while others will pile on the conservatives, and the civil war the dems and rinos hope for will end up being fought between these conservative states and the America hating dem state/fed monstrosity. When conservative states refuse to follow unconstitutional legislation and/or decrees from dc, the dems states and dc will attack.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

And what is really sad is thinking that those kids complaining about wanting to infringe on our constitutional rights, the ones all over the TV screen are the future of this country.

Excuse me while I get sick.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

i can't think of many resons to vote republican. i can think of many reasons not to vote democrat. my congresswoman voted no. as did one of my senators. the woman i hope gets his seat voted no. i understand your frustrations. if or when the demodrats get in control, you will have real frustrations.

Hard to believe, but we must remember that with a democrat controlled congress things will REALLY be bad.

Sad to think that a little bad is better than very bad, but without major upheaval in our government, which I was hoping having an outside the belt guy as president would start to fix, we are in for a whole lot of "a little bad".

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Hard to believe, but we must remember that with a democrat controlled congress things will REALLY be bad.

Sad to think that a little bad is better than very bad, but without major upheaval in our government, which I was hoping having an outside the belt guy as president would start to fix, we are in for a whole lot of "a little bad".
    I wouldn't throw in the towel yet. Trumps been President for what, 14 months. Still doesn't have his appointments in place, is fighting his own party as well as the Dems and has the Mueller investigation hanging over his administration for most of that time. Maybe folks are expecting a little too much too soon? Do we really think he's going to change 100+ years of abuse and corruption over night? Under ideal circumstances I figure in two terms he might make a small dent.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

After the budget passed today, voting for a republican is equivalent to voting for a spineless worm. Sad how democrats are willing to stand up and say no, but republicans seem to be so spineless that when it comes time to say NO they just lower their heads and softly say, ok what ever you want.
    Same thing different Subject, Republicans are afraid to be called Raciest! Blacks are afraid to be called Uncle Tom! Same thing that is why Good Conservatives are Spineless.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

NOPE AFTER TODAY I DO NOT GIVE A FUCK ANYMORE. I FUCKING QUIT i WILL NEVER VOTE AGAIN. I HAVE BEEN LIED TO FOR 30 FUCKING YEARS. WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN. FUCK THEM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    that's a good way to ensure that the DIMs take power. Good job!
    Agreed Tank. Even if the dimbulbs are able to upset the balance, we still have to do everything we can to minimize the damage.

It does not matter anymore. We do not have men in or of power that are willing to protect us from the democrats.
    Turn inward to your state and get involved. This IS the only defense we have left. Protect your children from the state,
    the last few weeks shows us HOW they will be used against you...... Sad fucking day.
    Sad but true but we still need to try and keep the "donkeys" in check. If Rush is right and Trump is stringing the dims along so he can yank the rug out from under them, there may be a trap in the works for later this year.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

I dunno. If he gets a wall built, rebuilds and modernises the military, and finds ways to cut planned in utero vivisection aka planned parenthood and halt 0bamkacare payments he will have redeemed himself. That being said, a girl who was a "presidential model", call girls who screw politicians, said the goal of the nwo for America was to destroy the faith Americans have in the constitution by placing the same kinds of people in power over and over again and nothing changes for the better. The idea is for people get sick of being betrayed and accept the nwo militaristic/totalitarian government in its stead. This is a stupid idea, there are surely idiots who will accept such a government, but I feel there are a hundred million Americans who never would..

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Some guy was being interviewed on Rush, today, and he said the wall is now totally funded. I missed who this guy is, but what he said goes along with Trump sidestepping the Dims and using some of the Pentagon money for what he wants.

JT, Trump may be setting things up for a major rug pulling....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Trump may be setting things up for a major rug pulling....

He's no dummy.

I think there will be a lot of libtard tears, screaming at the sky, donning of the pink pussy caps at what he's about to do .
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    He's no dummy.

I think there will be a lot of libtard tears, screaming at the sky, donning of the pink pussy caps at what he's about to do .
    Yeah. Karma is a real bitch, sometimes.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

The theory is that the wall is for national security, and the pentagon budget is considered national security, and it is within the president's right to assign how that money is spent so the speculation is he declares the was a national security issue and used the pentagon budget to fully fund it.

Eat that dumocrats!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I'm hoping the dems are going to run on honesty, we're seeing the "gun safety" proponents being honest on video with wanting to repeal the 2nd amendment. RUN ON IT PLEASE PLEASE DEMS be honest, stop with I'm a second amendment supporter but...... RUN WITH IT!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast