Thread: House budget says CDC can study gun violence

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post House budget says CDC can study gun violence

After today, it's all historical.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Some phrases of note:

"that may open the door slightly to restoring federal funding for gun research."

"Gun researchers, gun rights advocates and public health experts were largely dismissive Thursday of how significant the clarification might be"

"Even so, the report does not mean that Congress will suddenly divert funds to gun research that it has refused to give for years."
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

This bill provides no funding for a border wall. It Increases H1-B visas to take more America jobs. If I read correctly it funds things like border security for other countries, international global warming initiatives, etc. If Trump does not veto this bill everything he said during his campaign is BS. My prediction is he will not veto the bill. Once again our country has been sold out by the Republican party.

Someone on Trump's staff was talking yesterday that if POTUS had line item veto power the final bill would look a lot different. I also heard, didn't know this but the whole 60 votes in the senate is a rule the senate passed themselves. It's not constitutionally supported or mandated. Something like that. When either side complains about using the nuclear option it's in effect doing business the way it was originally before this whole super majority was put in place. Much todo about nothing.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Heard on the news that Trump tweeted this morning about a possible veto on the spending bill. He's supposed to be holding a press conference any minute. Unfortunately Cogress adjourned for spring recess so if he vetoes the bill the ensuing shutdown will fall squarely on his shoulders.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 03-23-2018 at 11:55 AM.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Heard on the news that Trump tweeted this morning about a possible veto on the spending bill. He's supposed to be holding a press conference any minute. Unfortunately Cogress adjourned for spring recess so if he vetoes the bill the ensuing shutdown will fall squarely on his shoulders.
    Not really. He'll state that the Dims, intentionally, put forth a spending bill that they knew he would be forced to veto.

I don't think Trump's afraid to shut down the government. He's threatened it before. Maybe, now, they'll see that he's willing to stand by his words.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Not really. He'll state that the Dims, intentionally, put forth a spending bill that they knew he would be forced to veto.

I don't think Trump's afraid to shut down the government. He's threatened it before. Maybe, now, they'll see that he's willing to stand by his words.
    I would tend to agree with you last statement however after saying he would sign the bill if he now vetoes it the MSM, Democrats and more than a few swamp monster Republicans are going to do their best to pin a shut down on him. He knew what the bill said before it was passed and should have been telling them it was dead on arrival but you never know, might turn out for the best any way. Then again he may end up signing it after all. He's already well past the 1pm time he tweeted. Somethings up for sure.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Well, he signed the bill, all is well in the military, and the rest of we the people can go straight to he!!.

Too bad there isn't a republican majority in congress so that we could get some intelligent spending!