Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
So, would I assume if light somehow traveled slower leaving the car, then it would appear to reach me slower than it really does? To me, both statements are equally wrong. The speed of light has nothing to do with it; we would see the car reach us when it reaches us.
There is nothing special about light. People have accepted that the Theory of Relativity has given it magical powers, but all things being relative...it hasn't.

Your example hasn't answered my question. Adding 100mph to the speed of light wouldn't change anything but the speed of light.

What is it about light that makes it always at speed C, without regard to the velocity of the mass it originates from?
I believe there is a simple, physical explanation, and it doesn't depend on "appearances" for an answer. I keep asking simply because I've never seen a logical answer, only answers that light is somehow magical and can do all kinds of miraculous things to keep us in the dark.

Now, I know it might sound like I'm trying to put you down, or I sound arrogant like I'm smarter than everyone, but neither of those are true. It's just if we are to understand the speed of light, we need to understand light itself.
The only way I can answer you, even though it sounds stupid, is to say that it is a law of physics that you cannot add to the speed of light. That's one of the things that makes light special.

As far as seeing the car goes, you see the car because of light reflecting off of it, so therefore the speed of light allows you to see it. Since light is coming at you from the car (allowing you to see it where it is), no matter how fast it's moving, you can't add its speed to the speed of light.