Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
I watch "Seal Team" on TV. I usually like the show. Watching reruns now...they just ran the one where the ex-SEAL shot himself because he couldn't get his TBI documented with the VA. According to the plot, the VA Doctor said he wasn't authorized to order an MRI that cost thousands of dollars.

Now, I only deal with my VA clinic an hour away and the VA Medical Center 3 hours away, so I have no knowledge what goes on elsewhere. That being said, that part of the show was hog wash in my dealings with the VA.
My primary care doctor has routinely ordered MRIs for this or that with no questions asked. Doctors at the med center routinely set MRI appointments when they deem it necessary. Never was it brought up about authorization or cost.
I've never been refused an MRI, or any other test a doctor has ordered.

The men fighting today face a different war than us old guys did. Our trouble with th VA was getting them to recognize Agent Orange exposure and PTSD.

The trouble today's warriors might have is getting the VA to recognize TBIs as combat injuries that are service connected. But they certainly should have no trouble getting a VA doctor to run an MRI of their brain to see if they do have a TBI that needs to be treated.

They may never be able to get it service connected, but they can be treated for it.

But what do I know, I'm just an old man on the internet.
Truth has never stood in the way of a good Hollywood story-line. Look at how they portray guns, gun owners, conservatives, and those that attend religious services.