Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

POTUS getting ready to speak on it now.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

So he signed the bill but told the Senate he won't sign another one and wants the line item veto and for the Senate to get rid of the super majority rule. I believe if it wasn't for the increase in military spending and pay raise he would have vetoed it. They said earlier today that when he heard he might veto it Mattis started talking to him big time about not doing it because of the military.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

He sold out his base. This is betrayal, call it what you will.

So you think impeachment?
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

No matter how you feel about Trump, just imagine if Hitlary had been elected? Where would we be right now?

I'm not pleased with what he did, but I'm not going to give up on him right now. I think he'll make up for it soon enough.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Trump didn't write the bill, it came from congress, a bunch of goons supposedly run by republicans in both houses, but the budget bill sure looks pure Pelosi and Schumer!

Spineless republicans seem to be worse than any democrat. Which leaves we the people screwed once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    So you think impeachment?
    I think not. His budget gives the Dims everything they want. He will continue to sell out his base IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Trump didn't write the bill, it came from congress, a bunch of goons supposedly run by republicans in both houses, but the budget bill sure looks pure Pelosi and Schumer!

Spineless republicans seem to be worse than any democrat. Which leaves we the people screwed once again.
    The Republicans are the ones who prevented amendments and Republican staffers wrote the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    No matter how you feel about Trump, just imagine if Hitlary had been elected? Where would we be right now?

I'm not pleased with what he did, but I'm not going to give up on him right now. I think he'll make up for it soon enough.
    Not sure it would have made any difference. The dims got more today of what they wanted than they probably would have gotten under Clinton. What we know for sure after today is an oligarchy runs our country. Today was the turning point. I don't want to cry doom and gloom but it seems like after today neither party will put the brakes on the out of control spending until disaster strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Not sure it would have made any difference. The dims got more today of what they wanted than they probably would have gotten under Clinton. What we know for sure after today is an oligarchy runs our country.
    Yep Mr. Trump goes to Washington

If he could, President Donald Trump would give his 25-year-old self one significant and life-altering piece of advice: “don't run for president.”

They say he was joking but I he's got to be feeling the squeeze
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

He sure didn't help himself politically by signing this bill. Only bright spot in all this is it's only good for 6 months. So come Oct-1-2018 it starts all over again.
    Last edited by recon; 03-23-2018 at 08:15 PM.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Yep Mr. Trump goes to Washington

If he could, President Donald Trump would give his 25-year-old self one significant and life-altering piece of advice: “don't run for president.”

They say he was joking but I he's got to be feeling the squeeze

I don't understand why Trump is under so much pressure from democraps. He's the freakin PRESIDENT! He needs to spit out the chewing gum and start kicking ass.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

I think alot of people are asking that
    Not sure I have an answer other than look beyond parties
    I keep picturing a herd of some type looking around when they sense trouble but can't see the threat
    The powers that be use confusion to hide truth
    They want it their way and that's all there is to it
    Make big issues on rights for the very few but wastes time and effort on real problems
    Useful idiots
    Strangle holds that have been being put in place for a long time
    Someone trying to make changes finds out what they are up against once they get in the deep end
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Let me state for the record I'm not happy with this spending bill. I'm not happy with the way it was thrown together, I'm not happy with the increase to the deficit, I'm not happy with the garbage in it nor the stuff we need being left out. I'm not happy with Congress in general and I'm not happy with President Trump with his tweets about signing it, not signing it as well as actually signing it. Now that being said, those of you who are also unhappy and in particular those who feel the President "betrayed" you, us, the country, etc., what exactly should he have done differently and more importantly what would have transpired as a result?

I'm not sure which is why I'm asking. If he had vetoed the bill what would have happened? I presume some of you/us simply didn't like the bill and wanted him to veto it but really don't have a clue what the outcome would have been? I know I don't. I believe it's safe to assume the government would have shut down at midnight last night or when ever the current funding expired.

As I understand it Congress is in recess and all members would have to be called back. If that's the case what would they have done? Overridden his veto? Come up with a new bill you/we liked better? How long would that take?

There's no reason for any personal attacks, we can surely have a reasonable discussion so are you someone who based on emotion/principle simply wanted a veto or are you someone who thought it through and have a pretty good idea what would have transpired and are fairly certain the out come would have been worth what ever consequences, if any occurred?

What I took away from it was that President Trump made it pretty clear that Congress didn't do their job and he was reluctantly going to hold his nose and sign it. There is only so much he can do to make changes in the piss poor system/Congress we have. Since Presidents come and go more frequently than Senators and Representatives we need change in those houses since any changes the POTUS can make are only going to have much effect while he's still in office.

With all the B.S. the Democrats have caused with the Russian collusion, holding up Presidential appointments, etc., is having a government shutdown dumped squarely on Trump's lap going to help more than it hurts? I'm not sure but I'm inclined to think the later more than the former.

Anyway I'm interested in hearing how things would have played out had the President taken different action yesterday.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 03-24-2018 at 09:46 AM.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

My feelings are that Trump had to sign the bill even though he wasn't pleased with it. How was he forced into this position? I don't know, but I have an idea he's going to come back hitting harder than ever before. He's going to clean out the Deep State and, maybe, start finding more evidence on obama/Hitlary and let his AG go from there (letting the chips fall where they may).

I don't think he'll allow himself to be put is this situation next time a spending bill comes around.

Hopefully, since Trump is the master of the long game, he's already got something in the works and we'll see what it is shortly.

I still believe in Trump and haven't given up on him yet.

The future will see....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    My feelings are that Trump had to sign the bill even though he wasn't pleased with it. How was he forced into this position? I don't know, but I have an idea he's going to come back hitting harder than ever before. He's going to clean out the Deep State and, maybe, start finding more evidence on obama/Hitlary and let his AG go from there (letting the chips fall where they may).

I don't think he'll allow himself to be put is this situation next time a spending bill comes around.

Hopefully, since Trump is the master of the long game, he's already got something in the works and we'll see what it is shortly.

I still believe in Trump and haven't given up on him yet.

The future will see....
    I believe that's a pretty accurate assessment.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Let me state for the record I'm not happy with this spending bill. I'm not happy with the way it was thrown together, I'm not happy with the increase to the deficit, I'm not happy with the garbage in it nor the stuff we need being left out. I'm not happy with Congress in general and I'm not happy with President Trump with his tweets about signing it, not signing it as well as actually signing it. Now that being said, those of you who are also unhappy and in particular those who feel the President "betrayed" you, us, the country, etc., what exactly should he have done differently and more importantly what would have transpired as a result?
    First, the government would have shut down. As Congress had provided a bill, even though it was a lousy bill, the majority of the press would have blamed the shut down on the President and the Republicans. They would have ignored the fact that the bill did nothing with DACA and would have focused on Trump vetoing it because there was little money for the racist desired wall.

Next, with more special elections happening and the campaign season right around the corner, the shut down would have been dragged out by the Democrats pushing to get more than they already got in this bill all the while having news programs report on how the Democrats were standing for principal against the racist and hard hearted Republicans.

As we go into the midterm elections this would be played up to the advantage of Democrats and the disadvantage of Republicans in hopes of flipping one or both chambers of Congress. If both flip, expect the next event to be impeachment proceedings followed by a conviction, no matter what the facts. If the House flips, expect an impeachment but no conviction. If the Senate flips, this is the best outcome (save neither flipping) as the Senate can't do anything in this regard without it starting in the House. Any chance of advancing more of Trump's agenda will be lost, though.

Anyway, that is what I think would happen.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

There getting a lot of heat on this! Good!
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...g-package.html
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The old rino scum needs to be flushed in the primaries with the hope that new blood can somehow stand up to the high level of scum that our congress has become.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast