Thread: Yugo TT

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Yugo TT

This is listed at a local auction as a Yugoslavian TT99, 9mm. I'm not finding anything under TT99. Thinking maybe it's an M57? Looks complete and probably unfired. For the right money I was thinking truck gun, plinker, etc. Anyone know for sure what it is, any comments on the gun in general and ballpark on what would constitute "the right money"? TIA

https://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/3062355/fp27.cgi

Looks like these were imported by American Arms around 1990. Not much info that I can find. This is not the M57. That model had the safety added. This model was designed and made with the safety. Over at Tokarev.com I found a post stating that the imported less than 1,000 of these. It's not a milsurp so I doubt it has much collector value. It also looks like they sold for under $200 but that was nearly 30 years ago. NIB this might be a neat piece if I can get it cheap.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 03-24-2018 at 07:14 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

I believe the pistol pictured is a M57A.

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/en/civili...ct/pistol-m57a

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

I remember commercial tokarev pistols in 9mm up here a few years ago. I got a feeling that's what that is. they went very popular as they are pretty mucg non existant now.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I thought it was too Steven but the thread linked below shows the exact same pistol with the American Arms logo as the TT9.

http://www.tokarev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5

None of the M57 models I've seen are marked this way.

It might be that they are one and the same just that American Arms just imported them for 1-2 years as the TT9. As I noted earlier I found some indication that the M57 had the safety added to meet import requirements but the TT9 was built with the safety. Other than perhaps better fit and finish on the one versus retrofitting on the other they are probably identical.

If they don't reschedule the auction, it's at 5pm today and they are calling for snow around 8pm I think I'll see if I can check it out and bring it home. Was thinking I'd pay around $250 since it has two mags and looks NIB.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 03-24-2018 at 08:14 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell