Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday's Save Our Lives March

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs down Yesterday's Save Our Lives March

Watched a lot of the coverage yesterday and today. I've no problem with peaceful assembly and protest, I mean it's a constitutionally protected right but talk about uninformed. Like anything else you can edit for content it might be biased but saw this guy on FNC who interviewed some of the folks protesting in D.C. Yesterday. Take about uninformed.

There were young people advocating for "universal background checks" but when asked what a UBC was they didn't know but we need them. They wanted to ban "assault weapons" but when asked what an assault weapon was they didn't know. He asked several of them what the 2nd Amendment was and they either didn't know or just new it was outdated. Some even went so far as to say the constitution was outdated and needed to be rewritten or eliminated all together as it was no longer necessary.

One young lady sad she found it unbelievable that you could sell a gun in a parking lot and not even update the registration. Does she think it's a car or something? Quite a few said it was too easy for anyone to get a gun but didn't know what the existing process was, just that it was too easy.

It was very obvious and sad that most of them had no real knowledge of the constitution, bill of rights, existing gun laws or even the extent or scope of the changes they were demanding. Just along for the ride I guess.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

They are nothing more than a bunch of Communist brainwashed lemmings heading for the cliff as quickly as they can.

They don't realize their actions are going to be one of the biggest reasons for the next civil war....

They're bringing it on themselves and the rest of us.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Some even went so far as to say the constitution was outdated and needed to be rewritten or eliminated all together as it was no longer necessary.

This is where they loose me
    It's apparent that their cause has been hijacked
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    There were young people advocating for "universal background checks" but when asked what a UBC was they didn't know but we need them. They wanted to ban "assault weapons" but when asked what an assault weapon was they didn't know. He asked several of them what the 2nd Amendment was and they either didn't know or just new it was outdated. Some even went so far as to say the constitution was outdated and needed to be rewritten or eliminated all together as it was no longer necessary.

It was very obvious and sad that most of them had no real knowledge of the constitution, bill of rights, existing gun laws or even the extent or scope of the changes they were demanding. Just along for the ride I guess.
    Public education is having the desired effect. I saw one guy here with a sign that said "Arm Teachers with Pencils, Not Guns". My 16 year old niece was riding with my wife and I and when I pointed out the sign her response was "They were armed with pencils already, didn't do much good." She is home schooled and had a much better grasp of the 2A and the problems with what they were calling for than the people marching seemed to.
    Last edited by ltorlo64; 03-25-2018 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Didn't finish post so it made no sense.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I'm guessing the majority of these poor kids are lost, and are ready and willing to throw away the peace, freedom, and prosperity that was given them by our vets and the citizens who gave the vets the tools they needed to keep us free.
    They're following the dem/rino script to the letter.

Hogg: "Sorry, what was my line again?"
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The future of this country, crying their eyes out demanding safe spaces.

These kids are being used and they are too young to understand it. Its pretty disgusting but completely unsurprising that the left would stoop to this.

i see things like this as a huge cash grab by certain organizations.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    These kids are being used and they are too young to understand it. Its pretty disgusting but completely unsurprising that the left would stoop to this.
    They've always stooped to using 5 year olds with signs they don't even understand. It's pathetic. The communist party knows no bounds.

When you let the left run your educational system you can pretty guarantee they will indoctrinate your children with a bunch of anti-American bullshit.

The Hogg punk's speech was an eye opener to those who weren't sure what the point was.

There was one picture taken of him during the speech and I've seen those eyes before.....
    On members of the Hitler Youth and the Communists Young Pioneers. In other words, they were the eyes of a fanatic, certain of himself, full of himself, righteous in his belief that his is the right and only way, and willing to do anything to have his way.
    These are the types of people who eventually end up shooting people in basements.

I'll say that "Thank you, but I choose not to participate in your agenda".
    Thanks to the 2nd Amendment I can't be forced. All they can do is try to persuade me.
    That's why the hard Left's push to ban guns. They can't stand that people can say "NO" to them and make it stick.

After all, they are Elites and are our betters. That some prole can say "NO" makes them just seethe.

I'm very worried about America.

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post

They may be veterans but they don't speak for me.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post

They've made the oath they've taken meaningless. They are as much an enemy as a Muzz terrorist. They are the type you'd frag.
    Last edited by stevelyn; 03-26-2018 at 05:47 AM.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

These are veterans? i want to see some ID. When was the last time the military issued M16s like the 30 something woman claims to have experience with

look who sponsored the video.

puppets , traitorous puppets ( more than likely actors )
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post

look who sponsored the video.

puppets , traitorous puppets ( more than likely actors )
    If not actors, then useful idiots.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

The truly scary thing is their vote (if they're 18 & registered) counts as much as mine or anyone else's here.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    The truly scary thing is their vote (if they're 18 & registered) counts as much as mine or anyone else's here.
    As they want with guns, raise the voting age to 21, too.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    As they want with guns, raise the voting age to 21, too.
    I don't think these young pinheads are going to be any wiser at 21 than 18.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast